ForumsQuestionsDue date bug in new interface?

Due date bug in new interface?
killerog

Posted: Apr 14, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
Hello,

The new interface doesn't seem to work very well yet with due dates, one thing seems to have been fixed already but there's another one that's pretty annoying. If I want to change the due date on a card where the date has already passed and I click on one of the pre-defined options in the list on the right I have to click two or three times before it actually gets selected. That used to work instantly.

Can you please look into that?

Thanks, Rogier.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 14, 2017
I cannot reproduce this bug. Can you please describe what you do in more detail so that we can get a better idea of what is happening?
killerog

Posted: Apr 18, 2017
I'm not sure if I can explain it clearer in text, but I'll try.

In the old interface (which I'm using again now, the bug was that annoying :-) )
- Go to task overview
- Click on a cell in the "Due date" column for a task that has expired.
- Calender pop-up appears
- In "Quick Dates" column click on "tomorrow"
- Pop-up disappears and date changes to tomorrow.

In the new interface:
- Go to task overview
- Click on a cell in the "Due date" column for a task that has expired.
- Calender pop-up appears
- In the list of dates on the side of the calendar (doesn't have a label anymore) click on "tomorrow"
- Only the date in the column changes
- Click again (stll nothing happens)
- Double click on the link and pop-up disappears and date changes to tomorrow. (very counter-intuitive, nothing ever needs double clicks on the web)

I'm using firefox on windows 7 btw, if that might help. Hope this makes the issue clearer.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 18, 2017
Yes, the Due-Date calendar will remain open in the new interface after selecting a new date. This is because you may also want to edit the alarm or the "due by/on/after/optional" setting which are all in the same popup. In the old interface, if you changed the date and also wanted to change the alarm, you had to open the calendar twice, which was annoying.

If you want to calendar to go away immediately after selecting the date you can either double click the date the first time, or you can click the date and then click outside the popup to make it go away quickly.
killerog

Posted: Apr 20, 2017
Score: 2 Reference
But that's so counter-intuitive! Nothing ever works with double clicks.

If you really insist on doing it that way, than add a 'confirm' or 'save' button so at least it's clear what you're supposed to do!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.