ForumsQuestionsCursor behavior changed in last few months

Cursor behavior changed in last few months
creinhard

Posted: Apr 16, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
Hi

It used to be that when you edited a Task name, the cursor would start at the beginning of the field, now it jumps to the end.

It used to be that if you had notes in Tasks, when you opened up notes, the cursor would place itself at the top, now it jumps to the bottom. Is this a new feature? Can this cursor behavior be optional?

Thanks
Chris
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 17, 2017
I think you are noticing the difference between the current Tasks section and our preview of the new Tasks section. We put the cursor at the end in the new Tasks section because we think it is more likely that someone wants to add something to the end than the beginning, but were are glad to take feedback on this if we are wrong.
creinhard

Posted: Apr 19, 2017
Sometimes I regularly track websites etc, and I had been used to adding comments in the notes section, with my most recent notations being at the top) ... since the cursor behavior changed, it jumps to the bottom of the notes section (which can be quite long in my case)

At the moment I'm getting by with hitting CTRL HOME as soon as I open the notes section, but I do prefer the old way ... I'd vote for a toggle for cursor preference ... thanks

Chris
Salgud

Posted: Apr 21, 2017
Posted by Jake:
I think you are noticing the difference between the current Tasks section and our preview of the new Tasks section. We put the cursor at the end in the new Tasks section because we think it is more likely that someone wants to add something to the end than the beginning, but were are glad to take feedback on this if we are wrong.

I put my task notes in reverse chronological order, adding new ones at the top, so I'd prefer the old behavior too.
creinhard

Posted: May 07, 2017
It now appears that the cursor responds like it used to in the Task Name Field (cursor places itself at the beginning of the field).

But for notes in a Task, the cursor still jumps to the bottom of the notes field ...

Chris
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.