ForumsQuestionsSet parent task for multiple existing tasks

Set parent task for multiple existing tasks
5par7acu5

Posted: Apr 17, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
Is there a way to set the parent task for multiple existing tasks?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 17, 2017
Sorry, this isn't possible yet.
coolexplorer

Posted: Apr 18, 2017
Score: 1 Reference
The Parent and Sub-tasks feature of TD is very useful, particularly the ability to drag an un-linked task into another task thus setting up a Parent- Subtask relationship.

Often however the task and its potential parent are separated by a large number of other tasks and are off-screen, requiring automatic scrolling which does not happen. My work-around is to arbitrary move the potential sub-task to a task closer and closer to the potential parent task until it is on the same screen and can be easily moved to the right parent. This work around is frankly ridiculous, time consuming and causes errors.

Would help if the scrolling would be automatically initiated and work smoothly in both the web and app, or the existing Parent/Project tasks could be shown in a drop down menu so that a task from anywhere in the database could be easily linked to it.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 18, 2017
It should automatically scroll when you drag the subtask near the top and bottom of the list. Can you please try this and let us know if this isn't happening for you? If not, can you please let us know what browser you are using?
coolexplorer

Posted: Apr 21, 2017
In the TD website it does not automatically scroll when I drag a subtask from offscreen (top or bottom of the list).
I am using Chrome Version 57.0.2987.133
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 24, 2017
I am sorry. I have not been able to reproduce this. Can anyone else comment if this is working/not for them?
jdawnk21770

Posted: Apr 25, 2017
I Think I have the same prob. - my "subtasks" are not listing under the "Parent task." I can manually put them under it, but as soon as I update they are all mixed up again
ALSO I notice that your "new ??improved?? format doesn't even let me check off the subtasks --only the Parent tasks. This Makes No Sense to me
Jake

Toodledo Founder
@jdawnk21770 It sounds like you are viewing your list in "inline" mode so that all the tasks and subtasks are at the same level. You can change this. Click the "eye" icon in the toolbar and select "Indented" to have the subtasks always under their parent task. Also, you can still check off a subtask in the new interface. The checkbox is to the left of the subtask's title.
pawelkaleta

Posted by Jake:
It should automatically scroll when you drag the subtask near the top and bottom of the list. Can you please try this and let us know if this isn't happening for you? If not, can you please let us know what browser you are using?

The same for me, trying to drag a task or subtask to the top or bottom in New Layout doesn't scroll the list. Using Chrome 57.0.2987.133.
But also I've just tested it with the same result on FF 53.0 (32 bit) and IE 11.1066.14393.0.

On all those browsers the Old Layout results with scrolling the list correctly while draging an item.
Salgud

Posted: Apr 26, 2017
I tried to duplicate on Win 7, Google 58.0.3029.81, but it works fine.
coolexplorer

Posted: May 06, 2017
Tried again, recently. Chrome 58.0.3029.96 on Windows 10.
Automatic Scrolling does not work, therefore unable to easily move a task to a potential Parent which is off the current screen.

Besides Jake :), can any other Chrome browser users confirm that automatic scrolling works to move a TD task off the current screen to a Parent that is some distance away (requiring scrolling).
Salgud

Posted: May 08, 2017
Posted by coolexplorer:
Tried again, recently. Chrome 58.0.3029.96 on Windows 10.
Automatic Scrolling does not work, therefore unable to easily move a task to a potential Parent which is off the current screen.

Besides Jake :), can any other Chrome browser users confirm that automatic scrolling works to move a TD task off the current screen to a Parent that is some distance away (requiring scrolling).

see my post above
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.