ForumsQuestionsScrum / Kanban with Toodledo

Scrum / Kanban with Toodledo
DannyWissen

Posted: Apr 19, 2017
Score: 2 Reference
Hi all,

I am working with Toodledo since 2010 and I am happy with all the new features.
Before I was doing GTD with Toodledo, but actually this method worked not for me. At work we implemented Scrum and I tried it for my personal life.
At first with Post-Its and Excel for some weeks. That worked good. Actually all my Tasks reside in Toodledo so I tried to work out a method to use Toodledo for it :)

This is how I use it now:
- I use a folder for each Sprint, my Inbox and Project folder is my backlog.
- I then have a Task for every Part of my life (work, household, friends-family, horses, finances)
- Under these Tasks I do Subtasks which include the working items.
- If I have a bigger project (which are in the "projects" folder) I put the Projekt Task and the Subtasks I want to do in this Sprint in my Sprint folder.

I calculate how many hours I can spent on Toodledo Processing for the next two weeks. I then fill in all the tasks which I want to work on and put them into my Sprint folder.
Every Subtask has its length until my timegoal is reached.

I use a Tag ("Done") to mark completed items, as I still want to see them in my Sprint Folder.
Otherwise I don't have the whole overview of everything that is done or still has to be.

As Scrum is a timeboxing method I always start a timer when I start to work on something.

It would now be great to have the possibility (except from CSV Export) to have a chart showing the estimated lenght vs. timer for the specific Sprint folder.
Also it would be great to have a kind of "burn down chart", specifying the folder, the "Done" Tag and then having this graph to see how the Sprint is going.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burn_down_chart

Actually my question/request is very special, but I would appreciate ideas :)

Thanks Daniela
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 19, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the suggestion. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.

Thanks
robert

Posted: May 15, 2017
This is an interesting thread. I have been a longtime user of Toodledo, and am just learning Agile / Scrum. It would be interesting to see this implemented in Toodledo!
itp

Posted: May 16, 2017
Score: 1 Reference
I have had a to-do marked “someday” for ages now to implement a webpage that produces a kanban from my to-do’s marked "next-action", “active”, “planned”. Adding the ability to drag-and-drop to-do’s from one column to the other and have their status updated in the background would also be nice.

The summer holidays are coming up, so who knows..

pascal
silkedandy

Posted: Jul 19, 2017
I would also love a Kanban solution or maybe a third party tool that can create that for us. I particularly like the visual of a Kanban board. I have a lot of balls in the air at any one time and it would be good to ID Backlog, Work in Progress, Done etc. I do like the sprint solution and may play around with test folders.
silkedandy

Posted: Jul 21, 2017
I reorganized my tasks in a Kanban style using the Status field (Toodledo, do Not remove that field). It helps me view and change tasks/subtasks from one divider (= a column in Kanban) to another. I could not set this up using folders, since that would mean redesigning my current setup too much. Instead I set it up how Folke X uses the Status element: https://www.toodledo.com/forums/5/12258/0/simple-system-x.html . Immediately, I had the overview of a Kanban-like system. It's the next best thing for me.
dswiss

Posted: Dec 02, 2017
The difference between 'next best thing' and cool innovations/integrations are loyal users/customers.

The optional Kanban view (popular with products like Trello & Co) is a must!
The oldest entries in the Question Forum are going back to 2013/2014...

This would give the product a complete new and stylish look without changing the basics!
And it would be the perfect answer to statements like:

Cons
Limited innovation in terms of the UI.
Olivir 2017

Posted: Dec 04, 2017
Personally I am not sure that developing a Kanban view would not mean changing the basics, which made Toodledo what it is -IMO, the best list-based task management tool. And, I am convinced, that time devoted to creating something like Kanban view would mean frozen developement in all other parts (aka limited team resources).
dswiss

Posted: Jan 25, 2018
Wow, okay I understand. No innovation then. We always did it like this. Sounds familiar to me.

Hmmm, someone else will do (this is for sure) OR better did it allready:

https://www.factro.de/

THREE different 'views' on all the records:
- project structure (innovative!)
- task list
- canban board

Enjoy the inspiration. It's out there (aka excuses)
Olivir 2017

Posted: Jan 26, 2018
O.K., sorry for me showing up as stuck in old ways. Maybe I can say it another way - Kanban visuals did not work well with my productivity, especially on a 4:3 monitor. Besides, I am not interested in projects. YMMV, and it definitely is.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.