ForumsQuestionsNew Interface Bug - new interface shows old data?

New Interface Bug - new interface shows old data?
J

Posted: Apr 21, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
I have a task that, in the current default interface, has a due date of today (4/21). When I switch to the new interface, that task displays a due date of two days ago (4/19). It did have that due date at one time, but at some point, at least two days ago, I moved it to today.

IIRC, I have seen this several times - when I switch to the new interface, dues dates on some of the tasks seem to be from a previous "version" of the task.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 21, 2017
This symptom happens when switching between the old and new interface. The reason why is that the new interface works like an app, which means that it has to sync with the server. This allows it to work offline and do other good things. The old interface didn't sync, it just displayed data directly from the server. So, when you switch to the new interface it will start a sync, which may take a few seconds. Then when you refresh the list you were viewing, the new data will be visible. We are working on ways to make this seem less glitchy. Try reloading the page on the new interface and see if the old tasks update to the most recent version.
J

Posted: Apr 22, 2017
Thanks, Jake. I did try a refresh of the page and it didn't seem to help. The task in question has been completed, but I'll look for future occurrences and see if I can determine how long it takes to correct itself.
J

Posted: Apr 23, 2017
Update: I think perhaps the problem arises when the task's due date is modified on an iOS device using the Toodledo iOS app. I changed the due date of a task from "Tomorrow" to "a week from tomorrow" (it was Saturday local time, and I changed it from Sunday to next Sunday).

So now on my iOS devices, and in the original web page view, the task shows as one week out (next Sunday), while on the updated/new/future web page view, the task still shows as today (Sunday). I've refreshed both pages, and I've even quit the browser and restarted it. The new web page is definitely not seeing the change.
J

Posted: Apr 23, 2017
Update: The problem seems specific to Safari (Version 10.1) on macOS (10.12.4). Chrome (Version 57.0.2987.133 64-bit) on the same machine does not have the issue.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 24, 2017
Thanks for the info. We'll try these steps.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.