ForumsQuestionsNew Interface: Keyboard shortcut for Saved Searches

New Interface: Keyboard shortcut for Saved Searches
PetrV

Posted: Apr 23, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
Is there a keyboard shortcut for Saved Searches in the new interface?

In the old interface 'e' worked, i.e., when saved search was used before, 'e' jumped to this saved search again.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 24, 2017
The 'e' shortcut should still work to take you to the saved search section. For keyboard shortcuts to work, the Tasks section needs to have the the focus of the keyboard, so you may have to click on the page before they will work.
PetrV

Posted: Apr 25, 2017
Posted by Jake:
The 'e' shortcut should still work to take you to the saved search section. For keyboard shortcuts to work, the Tasks section needs to have the the focus of the keyboard, so you may have to click on the page before they will work.

No, what actually happens is, that I always land at new search, NOT the saved search. Am I missing something?

This message was edited Apr 25, 2017.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 25, 2017
I see. We need two keyboard shortcuts. One for new advanced search, and another for the previously saved searches.
PetrV

Posted: Apr 26, 2017
Posted by Jake:
I see. We need two keyboard shortcuts. One for new advanced search, and another for the previously saved searches.

Yes, thanks! Saved search is a powerful feature, needs to be accessed quickly.
boydston01

Posted: May 09, 2017
Score: 1 Reference
Yeah, I second this. In the redesign, "e" brings me to a new search. I really need to navigate to my list of saved searches!

Preferably, keep "e" to navigate to saved searches and use a modifier with 'e' for new advanced search. eg ctrl+e

This message was edited May 09, 2017.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 09, 2017
We are going to have "e" go to a new search as it does now and "v" go to your previously saved searches. We have this working in our development server, so it shouldn't be too long before it makes it onto the live site.
PetrV

Posted: May 11, 2017
Posted by Jake:
We are going to have "e" go to a new search as it does now and "v" go to your previously saved searches. We have this working in our development server, so it shouldn't be too long before it makes it onto the live site.

Thanks! Please let us know when available!
boydston01

Posted: May 11, 2017
Yes, thanks. "V" for "saVed searches!" :)
jmantak

Posted: May 16, 2017
excellent!
PetrV

Posted: Jun 07, 2017
It looks like it is available :-) Thanks!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.