ForumsQuestionsiOS App Slow / Lag

iOS App Slow / Lag
Barry-Jon

Posted: Apr 24, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

I've recently (weeks/months, can't be sure) noticed some serious lags when using the iOS app (examples below). A recent app store reviewer seems to be having the same issue, I'd rather discuss it here than by negatively reviewing what has always been a great app.

iOS Version: 10.3.1
Toodledo Version: 3.3.10

Examples:
1) Clicking on a sub-task doesn't open the subtask, tapping again (because it appears that nothing has happened) often results in the sub-task opening twice
2) Using "Quick Add Task" field at top of tasks leaves app unresponsive for a few seconds while the task is added
3) Checking off a task lags between the press and checkbox changing, touching again then often results in the check mark appearing and then disappearing.

This list isn't exhaustive. I guess I could start taking more detailed notes when things aren't working the way they should/used to but usually I am trying to get things done and don't have time to log steps to reproduce etc...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 24, 2017
If you have many thousands of tasks (which includes old completed ones), the app can become somewhat sluggish because of the amount of data it has to wade through. You can try going into "Settings" and then "Purge Data" and then you can delete older completed tasks from the phone. They will remain on the website for archival purposes. This may free up some memory in the app so that it can operate faster.
transacted

Posted: Aug 24, 2017
I have experienced and continue to experience the same problem. It is recent occurrence (last 6 months maybe), and has made Toodledoo all but unusable on both my iPhone and iPad. I really do not believe this is a matter of excess tasks, but a change within Toodledoo or with iOS. If anyone has both experienced this issue and resolved it, please help! Thank you!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.