ForumsQuestionsSubtask icon

Subtask icon
Martin

Posted: Jul 14, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Isn't the icons representing if a task is a subtask or a parent reversed compared on the iPhone version? I think it's more intuitive the way it's on the iPhone: top node filled if this is a parent, child nodes filled when it's a subtask.

/Martin
Proximo

@Martin.

I can't believe I did not notice this. You are correct. The icons are reversed. The Parent task is showing the subtask icon and the subtask icon shows the parent icon.

Not sure what is intended or not, but this seems to be backwards.
Anders

I always view nested so I never noticed this. I'll have to check it out.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 16, 2009
Hmm. I never noticed that either. I'll have to check it out.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 16, 2009
Now I think I know what I was thinking. On the website, the icons are action buttons. A subtask has an icon with the top part colored in because clicking it takes you to the parent. Likewise, the parent task has the icon with the bottom colored in because clicking on it reveals the subtasks. It's an action.

On the iPhone, it isn't an action, its informational, saying "this is a subtask".

"this is a subtask" is different from "click me to load the parent".

Explaining it makes it sound confusing, and I realized that it is strange. I'll see if there is some way to make this better.
Linden

Posted: Jul 17, 2009
Interesting! I never really registered that there was a coloured-in portion for the subtask icon (on Toodledo's site -- I don't have an iPhone).

My interpretation was that the subtask was a colourless version representing just a piece of the whole. Parent tasks were coloured in to show this was the big-picture. It looked like the profile of a person to me, so I never clued in that there was a box on top representing the parent and three boxes on the bottom representing multiple subtasks.

I can see why iPhone users who understood the picture might find the "accidental" reversal more intuitive!

This message was edited Jul 17, 2009.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.