ForumsQuestionsShared (or reassigned) Tasks not appearing

Shared (or reassigned) Tasks not appearing
Lark

Posted: Jul 14, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I've read the information about sharing, and I'm testing the functionality btwn myself (Pro Plus)& my son's (Pro trial) account.

I would like the tasks that i assign him to appear in HIS main list under all tasks, but they don't.

But when I read the info about "Being Assigned Tasks" it says: "When someone adds or moves a task onto your to-do list, it will appear as a normal task, just like all the other tasks."

As i said it doesn't - The 'test' task I'm assigning only appears when I click on Collaborator, then click on myself link in the vertical menu that appears at the top for collaboration (if that makes sense:). I've tried giving him different levels of permissions, combined with open/specific folder access. But it doesn't make a difference.

Help?! Am I doing something wrong.
Lark

I should qualify - I am in his account and looking at how the 'test' task I've assigned appears to him.
Anders

Make sure your collaborator has added you for collaboration, and given you at least level 2 permission.
Lark

Thanks for this.
Both accounts have been set so the other account is a collaborator with level 3 access, to share all non-private folders.
I've just had a thought, maybe it is because the test task is not appearing in the main because it is a subtask.
But if an account is PRO one would think it could see subtasks, but then if the top level task isn't assigned to the person perhaps that's why.
Lark

I just tested it with a top level (ie. parent) task and it works fine! The second test task appears in the main task window for the person I assigned it to. Yeah! :)

However, does that mean any sub-tasks I assign can't be viewed in the main task window (ie. they can only be viewed when one clicks collaboration and then the 'user assigning the task')?
Anders

I am not sure about how subtasks work with collaboration, but I would think you would have to assign the parent as well if it works at all. You could always just promote it to a regular task before assigning it.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.