ForumsQuestionsNew task form disappears

New task form disappears
boydston01

Posted: May 16, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
The new task form disappears while adding a new task. It seems to be some sort of timeout, which might not be so bad if it were REALLY good at registering ALL keyboard/mouse activity and always resetting the timeout timer. The current behavior results in me sometimes pausing for a few seconds, then I figure out what to type and about the same time that i start to type, the form disappears and a bunch of keyboard shortcuts register instead.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I was not able to reproduce this. Can you please describe a way that we can get this to happen so that we can figure out what the problem is and fix it?
boydston01

Hmmm... interesting. It happens enough (though inconsistent) that I thought it was intended behavior. I will start paying closer attention to see if I can notice something about when it happens. But now that I specifically test it, the new task form does seem to just stay open...

Related, when editing a field, I also get this "timeout" behavior—whether in a new task or editing a field in grid view. Is that intended behavior? Is it supposed to go away after a few seconds if you don't type anything?

Also, now that I think more carefully about it, the fact that editing a field "times out" on me often, I think that has made me feel like the new task form has disappeared more times than it actually has. So maybe it has only done it as few as 2 or 3 times.

This message was edited May 16, 2017.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 17, 2017
Yes, if you open up a popup to edit a folder or due-date or something else, and then you don't type anything for awhile, it will go away automatically. This is intended behavior. We thought that if you opened a popup and then didn't do anything, it probably meant that it was an accident. If there is a reason why the popups should stay open, we can change this behavior. Just let us know.
boydston01

Posted: May 17, 2017
Yeah, I think that reasoning makes sense—I mean it should not remain in edit mode indefinitely! But I would say make the field edit timeout much more generous. It seems to be about 4-5 seconds right now. Occasionally, I am still thinking when it times out. Certainly, I could train myself to not enable edit until I am ready to type but if I have gotten to a field and still have thinking to do, it is nice to be thinking in a '100% ready to type answer' mode.

Anyway, I will be watching for the new form disappearing issue.

Thanks.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.