ForumsQuestionsEmail notification doesn't display non-english characters

Email notification doesn't display non-english characters
Lukáš

Posted: Jul 15, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi guys, I've recently bought an one-year subscription and iphone app too. I'm little bit disappointed about performance of app. It's slow - it's not native iphone app, right ? Design is not also polished as most of iphone apps. Anyway, I hope you'll improve the app in future.

Here is my report: email notifications doesn't show non-english characters. It should use UTF-8 encoding.
Anders

Are you using the official Toodledo iPhone app? I find it to be lighting-fast, and the design was good enough to get it nominated for time management app of the year. As for improvements, Toodledo is constantly improving the app. There have been 2 updates in the last couple of weeks, and another is just around the corner.

This message was edited Jul 15, 2009.
Anders

I was under the impression that Toodledo does use UTF-8 encoding, so I thought I would test it out. I just tried a test reminder with chinese characters, and the reminder, for the most part, came through alright. All characters in the note field displayed correctly. The task title did have some problems. Half the chinese characters were incorrectly displayed.

For your tasks you have been getting reminders for, are you using a mixture of english and non-english characters? That was the case in my task's title, but not the note, so I am wondering if that may be a problem.
Anders

I have now tried a couple of things, and the problem seems to be with the title only, notes all look right. Titles get somewhat altered in my email notifications, totally messed up in SMS(I expected that), but look perfect in the iPhone notification. I don't have any answers. I'm just hoping that info might help Toodledo clarify the situation.
Lukáš

Posted: Jul 16, 2009
Yes, It happends on titles only - but I use them very often :)
I use czech characters.

Yes I use offical Toodledo app. I know app design is very individual thing :)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 18, 2009
We know about the bug with UTF characters in the title of emails and it is on our to-do list.
Yannis

Posted: Jan 04, 2010
Allow me to reactivate this thread some six months (and a few updates) later by agreeing with the OP that the UI of the iPhone app is very slow. I use an iPhone 3G with 5GB of free memory yet the poor thing fails to even scroll smoothly...! (even after reinstalling/rebooting)

I also think there is a clear consensus in the community when it comes to iPhone GTD apps:
Toodledo is the leader in terms of "functionality", but is dwarfed by Appigo in terms of polish and UI design.

Toodledo, please devote some resources to polishing your UI! GTD is about clarity of mind, and visuals do matter in this sense.

Thank you.

This message was edited Jan 04, 2010.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.