ForumsQuestionsNew Layout - date selection is clunky

New Layout - date selection is clunky
J

Posted: May 25, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
When I click on the due date for a task, and then click on a new choice (say, changing a task due today to due on Saturday), the date selection pop-up doesn't go away until you move the mouse away. I much prefer the old layout behavior, where clicking on a date (or day of the week on the right side) updates the tasks and dismisses the date selection pop-up.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 25, 2017
The date pickers stays open so that you can also pick a time, or an alarm or change it to an optional date. If the date picker went away immediately after clicking a date, you may have to open it twice, which would be more annoying. If you want to make the date picker go away quicker, you can double click on a date, or click outside the picker.
mdrain

Posted: May 27, 2017
Jake, I don't know if you just recently made the change or I completely missed it, but thank you for making the new date picker disappear once the cursor moves away! I understood the logic for the new date picker behavior, but having to double click or click outside it was one of my biggest pet peeves of the new interface. Keeping the date picker active only so long as the cursor hovers is perfect!
seandrobinson

Posted: May 28, 2017
I truly do appreciate the new layout, and think it's a big step forward for Toodledoo... but I do miss how I could hit "T" for a date and have it set "Today" and close the date picker. Ah well, progress is never free, eh?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 31, 2017
"T" was never an intended shortcut for Today. That was just a happy accident. It could be mistaken for Tomorrow, so I dont think its a good idea to make this a formally intended shortcut. You can type "tod" or "tom" in the new layout.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.