ForumsQuestionsHow do I disable synchronization?

How do I disable synchronization?
clonetroop

Posted: Jul 15, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I would like to disable synchronization so my information isn't uploaded to toodledo.com, yet I haven't found this capability. Am I able to turn it off?
Anders

Are you referring to synchronization with the iPhone app? If so, you could just go to the app's settings->Synchronization->Modify Account Login, and delete your login information.
Anders

If for some reason you want to keep your account info in the app, but just don't want it to sync, you can uncheck "Sync on startup" and "Automatic sync". Then the only way anything would sync is if you hit the "Sync" button on the top menu.
clonetroop

Perfect, thanks!
paul.winter

Posted: Jul 20, 2009
Where do you find "Automatic sync" - I have Synch on startup and sync on edit both unchecked and yet it tries to synch in the middle of adding a new item!
Anders

Posted: Jul 20, 2009
Sorry, I meant sync on edit. I'm currently trying to see if I can reproduce your issue.
paul.winter

Posted: Jul 21, 2009
Picked up version 1.5.2 last night - seems to work OK this morning.
paul.winter

Maybe I spoke too soon - I'm seeing:

Network Unavailable
Unable to connect to Toodledo.com

while I was navigating between Toodledo screens. There should not have been any reason to initiate a sync. I want a setup where it only tries to use the network when I press the Sync button.
Anders

Could you provide any more specifics about what you are doing when you get that message. I tried turning off sync on start and sync on edit, and I have not been able to get that (or any) message.
paul.winter

I just entered another todo and went back to my All list and got the message again. I am in a wifi area but the network, while appearing open actually requires a password to be entered on a login screen. This may be confusing toodledo, but it shouldn't be attempting a sync if I don't manually request one. I was hoping to avoid the necessity of turning off wifi in order to eliminate these annoying popups.

This message was edited Jul 21, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 22, 2009
We'll look into this.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.