ForumsQuestionsOutlook Plug-in a possibility?

Outlook Plug-in a possibility?
Rob

Posted: Jun 22, 2017
Score: 4 Reference
I don't want to sync my Outlook tasks, but I would really appreciate an Outlook plug-in that enables me to keep Toodledo up in an Outlook pane. This is something provided by ToDoist and I use it all day long. It is also easy for me to drag an email into the pane and create an task from it.

I agree with those folks who have stated that Toodledo is the BEST to-do solution on the market. If only it could plug itself into people's typical desktop ecosystem.

I hope ToodleDo will consider a plug-in like the ToDoist plug-in for Outlook.

Thanks much,
Rob

This message was edited Jun 22, 2017.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 22, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the suggestion. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.

Thanks
Ummagumma

Posted: Jun 23, 2017
Score: 4 Reference
Posted by Rob:

I agree with those folks who have stated that Toodledo is the BEST to-do solution on the market. If only it could plug itself into people's typical desktop ecosystem.

To be blunt, the Toodledo provides the top professional grade task management system with an amateur level access.

The vast majority of people who need all the bells and whistles that Toodeldo offers have demanding day jobs with emails and tasks that are locked into Outlook / Exchange. Emailing these tasks to Toodledo or manually copying is labor intensive and distracting from the task at hand.

Develop a plugin, make it a purchase option. It would serve you better than all of these extra modules like Habits or Lists.
Michael_49

Posted: Jun 24, 2017
Score: 2 Reference
I Agree! What I've done to speed the process of sending Outlook emails to Toodledo is to create "Quick Steps" in Outlook. It will automatically send the email to your Toodledo account. You can also build Toodeldo syntax into the subject line (i.e *work !!!)

Just an idea...and another work around...
Ummagumma

Score: 1 Reference
Posted by Michael_49:
I Agree! What I've done to speed the process of sending Outlook emails to Toodledo is to create "Quick Steps" in Outlook. It will automatically send the email to your Toodledo account. You can also build Toodeldo syntax into the subject line (i.e *work !!!)

Just an idea...and another work around...

Emailing the tasks is a bandaid solution, it helps with task creation but that's it. There's a lot of added functionality and convenience when you have actual syncing tasks in Outlook.

However, with all of it's limitations, Toodledo is the service I keep coming back to. I've tried nearly all of them.

This message was edited Jun 24, 2017.
Highsteppin

I've seen "Thanks for the suggestion. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but this is on our to-do list" too many times to get excited. I just laugh it off at this point because it is doubtful it will happen in my lifetime.
Pablo_tasks

Posted: Oct 31, 2017
It's a pity because this (and many other features requested) definitively would make a lot of people upgrade to a paid version....
leonard.b.smith

Posted: Nov 12, 2017
I would vote for this. Ideally from Outlook, I'd like to:

* Sync Outlook Tasks to Toodledo. I guess the ideal would be a two-way sync, but I would settle for syncing from Outlook to Toodledo.
* Sync email follow-up flags to Toodledo
* Have the ability to click on a given email and then send that to Toodledo as a Task, with the email itself attached to the Task. Support for attaching the email would require a subscription.
Olivir 2017

Posted: Nov 13, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
I have created for my Outlook a macro, that forwards an e-mail to Toodledo while removing the FW:, and optionally removes all attachements. And I add not syntax to the subject line, as all e-mails go into "No Folder", which is for me Inbox. And any plugin is useless for me, because at work no one will ever allow me to install it anyway.
leonard.b.smith

Posted: Nov 28, 2017
I'd like to weigh in both as a TD user and as someone who manages a large enterprise messaging service using Exchange 2013. I have used Outlook plug-ins for a number of other task management solutions and they never quite work out. They are always a bit clunky and don't fit well into the Outlook client ecosystem.

Asking TD to support Outlook is a huge undertaking because at least for Exchange 2013, we can support Outlook as far back as Outlook 2007 R3. So TD could potentially need to code for Outlook version 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016. Different versions could mean the need to support different code bases and a big commitment to ongoing compatibility testing anytime Microsoft issues a patch.

For all of the investment it would take for TD to produce an OL plug-in, I'd rather see TD expand it's existing feature set.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.