ForumsQuestionsTags disappear from cloud and organize when all tasks completed

Tags disappear from cloud and organize when all tasks completed
DaveMZ

Posted: Jul 10, 2017
Score: 1 Reference
Been using toodledo quite effectively now for close to two years. I use tags all the time to create ad hoc relationships between tasks and I find one aspect really counterproductive to the way I work. As soon as a tag is no longer in-use by any open task (ie. all tasks using that tag have been completed), the tag disappears from the auto-complete cloud and also from the "organize tags" config screen. So typical scenario is that I completed all tasks related to a subject tag several weeks ago, now I go to create a new task related to the same topic and want to tag it identically to my older tasks. Toodledo is my memory aid, yet now I have to remember the exact spelling of the tag I previously used since it is no longer in the auto-complete tag cloud. Did I pluralize it, did I use a hyphen, what other tags did I also use at the time, etc? What I end up doing is wasting cycles performing an ad hoc search for one of the older completed tasks and then cloning it or noting the tags I used.

Rather than deleting tags from auto-complete and the organizer immediately after all tasks are completed, it would be superb to have some type of MRU retention policy. IOW keep tags in the cloud if they are assigned to active tasks OR they have been used within they previous XXXX period. If the opposite- tag is no longer active and it has been longer than XXXX since it was last used, then remove it from the cloud and tag organizer. Maybe this feature already exists and I am just missing it?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 10, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the suggestion. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.

Thanks
frogboy

Posted: Jul 11, 2017
Score: 3 Reference
Just create a few tasks with negative priorities, add all your tags to them. The todos won't show - your tags will still exist ;)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.