ForumsQuestionsNotebook features

Notebook features
Original P

Posted: Jul 19, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I would like to be able to link/sync my Toodledo notes with Google Notebook and to be able to see/edit them on the iPhone app!
Thanks!
btw, Scheduler would also be handy on the iPhone app...
Anders

Maybe this is incorrect, but I thought Google was phasing out their Notebook. Maybe Docs would be better?
Anyway, good suggestions.
J-Mac

Posted by Anders:
Maybe this is incorrect, but I thought Google was phasing out their Notebook. Maybe Docs would be better?
Anyway, good suggestions.

Depends... If you already have a Google Notebook account it is still operable and supposedly will continue to be supported. However they are not offering any new accounts.

I do have an account but don't use it anymore except when I need to write a note from my cell phone. (Plain old non-smart phone).

Jim
Original P

Posted: Aug 04, 2009
Anyway, some kind of syncing with Google Notebook or Docs for the Toodledo Notebook would be nice, right?
Anders

I think a link with Google Docs would be nice, but honestly it would not be my top request for the Notebook. There are many other things that I think could be improved that would be more significant, at least for me, and I am not sure what the great advantage of a Google Docs connection would be. If the Notebook could be added to the Slim website, then you could access it from Gmail, Gcal, IGoogle, etc. I would really like to see tighter integration of the Notebook with Toodledo as a whole. It seems like a satellite feature at this point, almost an afterthought.
coco

And, the notebook should permit easier rich text editing.
Garfield

Posted: Aug 05, 2009
Posted by coco:
And, the notebook should permit easier rich text editing.

I gotta second this - I resorted to using Typinator to get some list action in Notebook because typing <li></li> over and over becamse quite awful. Is there any way to implement buttons with levels for the lists - take Gmail for example?
Vin Thomas

One VERY UNINTUITIVE solution is to use a text expander to type your formatting. But this just needs tons of improvement. Unless there is something I'm missing (which is very possible) this would be a relatively simple fix. I don't know why Toodledo doesn't implement this.
Proximo

Rich Text Formating
Vin Thomas

Posted by Proximo:
Rich Text Formating

Yes. But it's a pain in the butt to have to manually type out code to format text.

A simple WYSIWYG would really add to the notebook experience.

Thanks!
Anders

I agree that would be awesome.
Proximo

Posted: Aug 06, 2009
Posted by Vin Thomas:
Posted by Proximo:
Rich Text Formating

Yes. But it's a pain in the butt to have to manually type out code to format text.

A simple WYSIWYG would really add to the notebook experience.

Thanks!

That is what I mean. :-) Like Word
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.