ForumsQuestionsHotlist tasks not matching between Web and iOS app

Hotlist tasks not matching between Web and iOS app
BrentEubanks

Posted: Sep 27, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
I have found that the items showing in my hotlist in the web app do not match the items showing in my hotlist for the iPhone app.
I have the iPhone app set to use the hotlist settings from my Toodledo account, so I would expect them to match but they do not.

After a little experimentation it looks like the issue is related to hiding future tasks. Tasks with future start dates are hidden (Correctly) in the web interface but they still appear on my hotlist in the iPhone app. Why is this?

I am using high priority items that have a start date but no due date as "tickler" items. That way they appear in my hotlist when the start date rolls around but are hidden until then. Having them all appear in the iphone app makes this functionality pretty useless to me. Is there any way to get the iphone app and the web interface to actually behave the same way?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 29, 2017
It sounds like the app and the website have different filters set. In the app, you can control filters by tapping on the "Show" button.
BrentEubanks

That is what it sounds like, but that is not the case as far as I can tell.
I have the app set to match the hotlist settings from the website. I also checked the "show" button, for both the app and the website. They both are set to have future events hidden in the hotlist, but future events appear in the app hotlist (incorrect behavior) but do not appear on the web hotlist (correct behavior).

Currently my web hotlist has 4 items. My app hotlist shows 6 items. The difference is two items that have future start dates (middle of October) which are appearing in the app hotlist but not in the web hotlist. Hiding future events in the app hotlist has no effect.

Ah-HA! I think I figured it out. In the app settings, the "start date" was listed as an unused field. I have start date configured for use on the web, and I assumed those settings transferred automatically to the phone. Apparently they do not. After moved "start date" from the unused stack to the in-use stack, and then reloaded the app, the hotlist now shows the right number of events and those extra two future events are now actually hidden.

Is that discrepancy an expected behavior of have I found a bug?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
That would be expected behavior. If you do not have the start-date field enabled, then it will ignore any filters that would have been applied to that field. Some people want to have fewer fields enabled on the phone than on the website which is why we allow different fields in each.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.