ForumsQuestionsNumber of tasks displayed

Number of tasks displayed
pawelkaleta

Posted: Oct 15, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
"100 Active tasks. 0 Completed tasks. 30 tasks hidden by filters"

Could you please consider moving information about number of tasks displayed somewhere to the top of the page?
Each time you need to scroll down to get that info. Alternatively, please add this info to numbers presented currently next to items in the left menu, similarly to Android app, e.g. (100/130). Thanks.
coolexplorer

Posted: Oct 16, 2017
+1 I use custom searches on Desktop and Android so would want to know that one of the settings is not hiding some of the tasks on one of the devices. Instead of repeatedly scrolling down to check the number of tasks in a list, it would be great if it is shown upfront. Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The number of tasks hidden is displayed as a little number on the filter icon in the blue toolbar. The total number of tasks is displayed in the sidebar on each list (if you have this turned on in your account settings).
pawelkaleta

True, the information is there. The problem is it's not convenient at all.

First of all, one numebr is on the left, and the other is on the right. It's like watching the tennis match to compare them, you need to do it for every view you switch to.

And what is more, you need to do the math each time, i.e. subtract task hidden number from total number of items in the list, to see how many items is currently displayed.

Worth to add that some users prefer to have the sidebar hidden.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 17, 2017
Thanks for the feedback. Can you please explain to me the importance of knowing exactly how many tasks are displayed in the current list. What is this number needed for?

Thanks!
pawelkaleta

There are number of reasons. Some examples below.

When I scan my lists, let's say in Folders view, I look at each folder in the sidebar and I can see number of items included. I don't know how many of them are truly "active" (for example, their start date is appropriate to start working on them, or they are not in deferred status etc.). So I need to go to the folder I'm interested in and check how many items will be displayed or I need to solve simpel mathematical task each time. If the folder contains many tasks, I need to scroll down to get exact information.

When I'm working on creating proper Saved Search or I'm fine-tunning existing one, information about number of tasks is helpful in determining the correctness of its definition (by knowing how many tasks you should expect in the Saved Search result, you can easly check if the number of items displayed is correct).

When I'm reviewing my tasks, it's important for me to know which areas are packed with the highest number of single tasks, for example to consider split on several sub-areas and so on. Also when I want to compare number of items in various views - then again, I need to know how many items are there.

I'm sure you also find this information useful to some extent. Otherwise, what would be the reason you are presenting it at the bottom.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the answer. That is helpful to know.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.