ForumsQuestionsSubtask Labels - want to include the main task name?

Subtask Labels - want to include the main task name?
rwrohrich

Posted: Oct 25, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
I track a routine set of process steps as subtasks for each customer or project. I clone a standard task with subtasks that are essentially a list of normal items performed. As these are completed, the tasks show up on recently completed or exported to a google spreadsheet via IFTTT. Unfortunately, unless I edit each task label I have no idea for which project I completed that step.

I'd like to track time spent on each project so having a label with the top level task name would be ideal. Any ideas on how I can do this without editing each task label?
rwrohrich

Posted: Oct 25, 2017
I've considered using Folders, or context or location but I have 50 or more projects going at a time with a lot of new ones and old ones having to be retired to manage the size of a list like this. It wouldn't be very manageable. I'm looking for a way to look at whatever key Toodledo uses to organize these subtasks under the appropriate main task. So far I haven't been able to find anything like that.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 31, 2017
Have you tried using tags? I think this might work. There currently isn't a way to have the subtask's parent's title appear next to do the task when exported via IFTTT
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.