ForumsQuestionsCOPY (duplicate) All the Tasks from One Folder Into Another

COPY (duplicate) All the Tasks from One Folder Into Another
DIYBarry

Posted: Oct 31, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
I have a folder called "MG78" that has about 200 tasks in it (it happens to be related to the restoration of a 1978 MGB classic car). I'm going to soon be starting restoring another car (a 1973 MGB that will involve most of the same tasks). I already have a folder for it called "MG73" with some existing tasks in it.

I'd like to COPY (duplicate rather than move) all 200 +/- tasks - then delete a few, add a few, or modify a few.

Is it possible to use the Export function, editing out the unneeded tasks from the CSV or XML file, changing the folder name, and then Importing the reduced file? Can I do this without wiping out my other folders?... or the other tasks within the target folder?

A far better and easier way of doing this would be a "Copy" option within the Batch Edit function but Toodledo doesn't have that.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 31, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
Yes, you can export a CSV file, then edit out all the tasks you dont want and edit the folder and re-import it and it should work. Importing a CSV file will not affect any of your current tasks, it will just add the new ones.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.