ForumsQuestionsWhat to look forward to in Toodledo's development ?

What to look forward to in Toodledo's development ?
coolexplorer

Posted: Nov 24, 2017
Score: 3 Reference
In March 2017 we had a very nice update to the Task section in TD, which customers have since assimilated and appreciated.

What can we expect next (since there is no beta with new features running currently)? Seems awfully quiet.

Areas for development could be :
1. A new field with labels totally customizable by users (that's a big one). Particularly for users who do not use some of the current fields.
2. More functional color and icons.
3. Enhanced integration with IFTTT, Evernote, GDrive, Google Calendar, etc.
4. Thumbnails and Links to Images.
5. A more efficient and convenient Tags operation.

Would be nice to know why we should continue to subscribe to TD going forward, and how our To Do List will be getting better.
pawelkaleta

Posted: Nov 24, 2017
Score: 1 Reference
+1

I would add:
6. Converting items between various sections of TD (e.g. change Task to Habit, List item to Task etc.)
7. Multi-select of tasks for batch edit
8. Enhance parent tasks vs subtasks operations
9. More custom settings for users
10. Better support for Projects
11. Further UI optimisations (e.g. show filters from eye-icon separately, not merged under one icon in Tasks section, Dashobard view showing summary of items from various sections of TD, open attachments in the browser etc.)
Nikki B

Posted: Nov 27, 2017
May I also add: 12) The ability to change the completion date of a task.
Gnopps

I'm also curious to hear about what is happening with Toodledo development. I haven't seen any changelogs since the new tasks layout.
cj

Score: 0 Reference
Posted by coolexplorer:
In March 2017 we had a very nice update to the Task section in TD, which customers have since assimilated and appreciated.

Not all customers.
John_T

Posted by Gnopps:
I'm also curious to hear about what is happening with Toodledo development. I haven't seen any changelogs since the new tasks layout.

+1 on this, no blog or news post since April.
Manuel.Calderón

+1, no blog no news since April.
M

+1. I've actually been a little concerned that TD development has been slowed by something we're not being made privy to? It seems like communication has dropped off significantly on these forums, by "regulars" and by Jake et al.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We are still working on things here. But we have mostly been working on maintenance and behind the scenes improvements. The new Tasks section was a big effort that took a long time, so there hasn't been a lot else to report on. We are still monitoring and improving the new Tasks section based on everyone's feedback and trying to get it to be what everyone wants it to be.

Thanks!
SABiltongHunter

Posted: Nov 28, 2017
I will add my request for a feature which has closed past requests going back to 2010, with all saying on the development plan, but still no sign of light. When can we expect some basic notes formatting controls, this is so basic and fundamental in today's world, it is amazing and disappointing that we still have to use HTML tags.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 29, 2017
This is on our to-do list. Its actually quite difficult to do it and do it well, without breaking any of the HTML formatting that people have already put into notes. But we are working on it.
SABiltongHunter

Posted: Nov 29, 2017
Posted by Jake:
This is on our to-do list. Its actually quite difficult to do it and do it well, without breaking any of the HTML formatting that people have already put into notes. But we are working on it.

Jake,

thanks for the update, great news, and I am sure it is more complicated than I made it out to be. Let me know if you need a tester :)
shelbyp

Posted: Nov 30, 2017
Posted by M:
+1. I've actually been a little concerned that TD development has been slowed by something we're not being made privy to? It seems like communication has dropped off significantly on these forums, by "regulars" and by Jake et al.

I felt the same way. In the past the monthly updates in the News section were useful in providing some visibility on improvements. If monthly is too often, I think a quarterly update would be really useful. Else it is hard for typical users to know if the tool still has active development or is being phased out. Given the huge number of requests there is no shortage of ideas for future work. 9 months is long in the IT world without anythng new...
Joyce

Posted: Dec 01, 2017
I'm right there with everyone else, communicate please!

Also, there have been no how to videos for the new task section and it's enough different that folks will get confused and frustrated.
cwdouglas

Posted: Dec 04, 2017
I have had an idea for a while that it would be nice to have saved filter options that the user can define and name and thus apply quickly from the menu when I am in all tasks (or really anywhere). This would allow the user to rapidly switch between filters depending on where and what I am focusing on. Certainly the folders and contexts quick sorts are helpful and I use them a ton, but they are only general filters that don't create the true list I want from my tasks.

I also concur with more communications.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 04, 2017
Thanks for the suggestions. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but these are on our to-do list.

Thanks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.