ForumsQuestionsIphone Sort Order

Iphone Sort Order
David Coyer

Posted: Jul 22, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I know the following:
1. You set the Iphone sort order via the button at the bottom of the task screen
2. The order of your "Field and Default" settings will control secondary sorting.

However, I am seeing the following:

My sort order is set to SORT BY DATE ADDED. My field settings has Due Date as the top field. When my task list is viewed, however I see:
If I have entered 2 tasks today and neither have a due date, they are both sorted to the top of the list, correctly, but they are then sorted by name.
IOW, I enter task ABC today at 8:00am. I then enter task DEF today at 9:00am. In task view, they show as ABC then DEF. However, with the same sort applied on the web site, it correctly shows DEF then ABC. It seems the web site is using time as well as date to sort, where the Iphone is only using date.
Is this correct? Can you change the IPhone to use the same behavior as the web site?

Thanks,
David
David Coyer

Ok, I lied. It actually seems the Iphone sort is sorting Descending Date Added, then Ascending Time added.
Help!
j.cheung

Wish to see more options in Sort Order. I need "Folder and Date Modified".
Anders

Posted: Jul 23, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
It does seem that the website takes the time added into account with Date Added before subsorting by the second criterion. The iPhone app apparently does as well, but reverses the order (ascending vs. descending). I believe this is actually a bug on the website, not in the app, but it is a matter of interpretation I suppose. One way or another, it would be nice if both did it the same way.

Here is what I did:
1)created tasks called A,B,C,D,E in that order so A was created first.
2)A, B, and C are all due today. D is due tomorrow, and E was due yesterday.
3)The website is set to sort Date Added->Due Date->Auto
4)The app is set to sort by Date Added, and my first field is Due Date.
The tasks appear like this:
E (Added 5th, Due yesterday)
D (Added 4th, Due tomorrow)
C (Added 3rd, Due today)
B (Added 2nd, Due today)
A (Added 1st, Due today)

iPhone app:
E (Added 5th, Due yesterday)
A (Added 1st, Due today)
B (Added 2nd, Due today)
C (Added 3rd, Due today)
D (Added 4th, Due tomorrow)

So there are two separate issues here. When sorting by Date Added, the app is subsorting tasks added on the same Date by time just as the website does, but it is reversing that part of the sort.
Also, the app sorts by Date Added, and then goes to the second criterion (Due Date in this case), before taking into account the time added (See that E is overdue and shows at the top, and D is due tomorrow and shows at the bottom). However, the website will sort tasks added on the same date by the time they were added, and will not sort by the second criterion into account because there are no tasks with the same Date Added (it seems to lump date and time together).

I hope that is somewhat clear.
dhwoodward

Posted: Aug 21, 2009
It would be nice to have the option for both ascending and descending on the phone and computer.

I personally would love to see the website do it the way the iPhone does it.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 24, 2009
Thanks for the bug report. We'll look into this.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.