ForumsQuestionsMore Intuitive Line-Item Selection & Batch Editing

More Intuitive Line-Item Selection & Batch Editing
Tripper

Posted: Dec 08, 2017
Score: 3 Reference
Hi Jake,

Thanks for your attention in advance.

As I'm sure you're well aware, TD's web and mobile UI's don't allow for multi-selection of line items directly from any given view. As it stands, we must view an area (folder, context, etc.), then a specific named choice from within, or a saved search, to attempt to generate a list that's close enough to the actual batch edit candidates we want, then edit either the whole list or none.

I think it would be much more intuitive, and I'd hope you'd agree, to allow for simple point-and-click range selection (ie. Shift-Click) and partial selection (ie. Ctrl-Click) from within any view, with full ability to batch edit and/or drag&drop from there. This is present in nearly every modern app I can think of that presents line-item data (email apps, calendar apps, etc.) and I think ToodleDo really needs to have it as well. Fortunately, I can work around it currently in the desktop apps TaskUnifier and TaskAngel, but IMHO it really should be baked into the core app as well.

So, I would urge that if it could be done, you make it happen for those of us who have to manage a coupe hundred tasks or more (which I bet is most people). Thanks for your consideration as always,

Trip
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 08, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the suggestion. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.

Thanks
coolexplorer

Posted: Dec 10, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
+1 IMO this is a very basic feature (like gmail allows you to select a number of un-similar items to delete, move, etc.) instead of wracking ones brain how to create a special search (which cant be created most of the time because there is no similarity in the items). Would improve productivity.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.