ForumsQuestionsTask integration into Google calendar and iphone sync

Task integration into Google calendar and iphone sync
Jorjanilaw

Posted: Jul 23, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
The goal is to have Tootledo integrate into google calendar which will then sync with the iphone calendar. First I tried to integrate
my tasks into Google Calendar with the T Google Gadget but only got checkmarks on Google calendar and when it sync'd to iphone all i got was "Tasks for ####day" and no actual tasks.
Since that did not work I set up ical and all my Tootledo tasks with dates integrated with Google calendar as events. But my iphone wont sync this and all i have on the iphone Tootledo calendar is the same "Tasks for ####day" even though the Google calendar has the Tootledo events included.
Anders

If you go to https://m.google.com/sync/settings/iconfig/chooseCalendars you can choose which calendars to sync to the iPhone. Make sure you choose the Toodledo iCal because the Toodledo gadget will also be listed as a calendar.
Jorjanilaw

Thanks. Seems i am half way there now. Used the ical url to integrate tootledo taks into calendar, but they do not show up on the iphone even though the rest of the google calendar does.

Any further help would be appreciated.
Anders

Google Calendar allows you to have multiple calendars on your account. The Toodledo iCal will be added as a separate calendar even though they all display together on Gcal. You have to go to that link I posted (you have to go to the link on your iPhone) to select which calendars sync with your iPhone. You will see your default calendar (probably named after your gmail address, and already selected for sync), and any other calendars you have, including the Toodledo iCal (I believe it will have the generic name "Toodledo" unless you changed it on Gcal). Check off the Toodledo calendar, and any others you want on the iPhone, and then tap save.
Jorjanilaw

Posted: Jul 24, 2009
It all worked for a few hours, but ...

I set up ical and all my Tootledo tasks with dates integrated with Google calendar as events at first. I also got it sync to the iphone.

Now the Tootledo list won't update/integrate into gcal. I have reset the gcal, but it still doesn't integrate.

What could I do to fix it?
Anders

Posted: Jul 24, 2009
Google controls how the iCal subscription updates. They are frustratingly slow. I see mine update a couple of times a day. However, there are some weird differences between edits and new stuff. A new task will show up on Gcal within half a day usually, but if you edit a task, sometimes the change can take a while to propagate to Gcal. At least that is how it works for me. If you search the forums here (or on Google support), you will see that this is something many people complain about. Unfortunately, Google will have to be the ones to improve this, and they have done nothing yet despite many pleas.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.