ForumsQuestionsEmoji Support?

Emoji Support?
fizzyice

Posted: Dec 17, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
I do not understand why this still does not have full emoji support, is there a reason why only a small handful work and not the rest?
Olivir 2017

Posted: Dec 18, 2017
Score: 1 Reference
My personal opinion - emoji is unnecessary, if not used for social apps or aspects. For comments? Yes, but Toodledo does not have these. For notes on tasks? Why? Besides, the nature of Toodledo (I admit it took me some time to get used to it) is being text-based.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 18, 2017
There is a technical reason that makes it challenging to do this. Its because many emoji are stored using 4bytes and our database is currently setup to store text using only 3bytes per character. We know how to fix this, but converting the database from 3bytes to 4bytes is complicated.
fizzyice

Posted: Dec 19, 2017
Thank you Jake for taking the time to explain, I understand now.

Just to add to the other poster….Emojis can be utilised in many ways, they are not just for fun. They can act as a visual aid for signposting and a very useful aid to people with particular learning difficulties. They help people who struggle with words to convey thoughts and emotions. As a dyslexic I use them to identify certain types of tasks. Cher is a big user of emojis due to her dyslexia and I know of other people that find them valuable in this world of communication too.
Olivir 2017

Posted: Dec 20, 2017
Thanks, didn't know that. (I mean it)

Posted by fizzyice:
Thank you Jake for taking the time to explain, I understand now.

Just to add to the other poster….Emojis can be utilised in many ways, they are not just for fun. They can act as a visual aid for signposting and a very useful aid to people with particular learning difficulties. They help people who struggle with words to convey thoughts and emotions. As a dyslexic I use them to identify certain types of tasks. Cher is a big user of emojis due to her dyslexia and I know of other people that find them valuable in this world of communication too.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.