ForumsQuestionsSubtask Dates Relative to Project

Subtask Dates Relative to Project
IBG_2

Posted: Dec 30, 2017
Score: 1 Reference
I have been searching for forums for functionality to relate due dates of a sub-task to a project. For my case, I specifically want to set up a template of a set of subtasks to a monthly meeting. (I prep 4 of these each month and they have activities that begin 120 days before the meeting date. In my ideal scenario, I would clone the template, be able to set the meeting (due) date and have the subtasks backfill their due dates. At the least I would like a streamlined way to adjust the dates when cloning the template. 4 of these meetings each month x about 20 subtasks each is a lot of manual date entry.

There is a lot of conversation about this on the boards dated back in 2011- and those conversations have been understandably closed. But I do not see anything more recent that indicates this functionality has been added or that newer workarounds are available. My option is to enter all 20 lines with repeating dates (close enough for jazz even though the meeting dates move a bit), clone them 3 times and adjust titles. Still a lot of hand work to NOT be able to view progress completing the meeting project.

Any thought here would be appreciated!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 02, 2018
Score: 0 Reference
I am sorry, but the functionality you are describing is very complex, and Toodledo can not do this automatically at this time. Your best bet is to use the Batch Edit tool to update the due-date for multiple tasks at once, but its not the one-step process that you want.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.