ForumsQuestionsbug in Notes sync on delete?

bug in Notes sync on delete?
shelbyp

Posted: Jan 04, 2018
Score: 0 Reference
From what I am seeing , Notes that I am deleting on my iphone are not being synced to the web. I have the latest version of the App on an Iphone 5s, and I use tasks.toodledo.com online.

I onlynoticed this now, because I rarely delete note. I deleted them on the IPhone because it is much quicker deleting with the swipe than online, but it looks like the changes haven't synced.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
After deleting the note on the iPhone, did you sync the iPhone?
shelbyp

Yes I did, in fact it has been synced several times automatically since toodledo syncs every time I start it. The notes were deleted some time ago. I have over 100 Notes on the website and 34 on the IPhone. I also just tested clicking manual sync and it does not help.

This message was edited Jan 04, 2018.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is?

Thanks
shelbyp

Posted: Jan 05, 2018
Score: 1 Reference
ok done! After further investigation, I noted that this was only happening for Notes created automatically through IFTTT, other Notes were synced on deletion normally. So not sure if I am doing something wrong, but I think there is a bug for IFTTT notes.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 08, 2018
That is a really good piece of information. We'll look into this.
shelbyp

Posted: Jan 24, 2018
Unfortunately the response I have received from the support time is not helpful. Issue has been labelled as not reproducible and placed on the internal Todolist (Actually I had to send a reminder to get an update, else I am not convinced the ticket would have been answered!).

So given that Notes sync seems to be unreliable, my question is can a delete shortcut key please be added as high priority. (others have asked for a mass delete option), but even a shortcut would be extremely helpful. The shortcut should be simple to implement.

In the absence of a shortcut or mass delete or reliable sync, I basically cannot risk using the Notes anymore.

Some time ago I actually reported an annoying popup in the Notes and Outline section (concerning sync) and I received a similar response from the support team (we are not able to reproduce and have put on our todolist...) . After insisting and using my software dev experience, I guided the support team towards a solution which was finally implemented about 3 months after the ticket was submitted...
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.