ForumsQuestionshotlist does not include due on/due optionally on tasks

hotlist does not include due on/due optionally on tasks
shelbyp

Posted: Jan 10, 2018
Score: 0 Reference
I just noticed that hotlist does not include due on/due optionally on tasks. If I have my hotlist set to include all tasks for the next 5 days tasks that are due on or optionally on in the next 5 days do not appear. This should at least be an option I think since a task that needs to be done on a specific day will often require some preparation/planning in the previous days.

My issue is that some of this are quite important for me. I could increase the priority or add a star to have them appear, but then they would appear always, not just a few days before as with my other tasks.

Note that even the "optionally on" tasks in my case should appear in my hotlist, I used optionally on quite a bit to avoid having to tick off these recurring tasks which are actually not tasks just some regular "habit type" tasks. such as fitness workout schedules etc. I currently don't have the flexibility to schedule these in the Habits section,so I use optionally recurring tasks, but then I run into this limitation. I also signalled a related limitation before in that these tasks I would like to exclude from my calendar, but that's already on your todo list.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
This is the intended behavior for tasks that are "due on" a specific day. It wont show on the hotlist until that day.

More info: https://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php#42
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You can create a "Saved Search" if you want to make your own custom hotlist that behaves differently from our standard hotlist.
shelbyp

Posted: Jan 11, 2018
Posted by Jake:
You can create a "Saved Search" if you want to make your own custom hotlist that behaves differently from our standard hotlist.

TRUE! I didn't think about this possibility! In fact finally the Hotlist is somewhat of a special case of the much more general Saved Search, thanks for the tip.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.