ForumsQuestionsCollaboration doesn't seem to be the right word

Collaboration doesn't seem to be the right word
pauljbradley

Posted: Jul 23, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
Toodledo's idea of collaboration seems to be the ability to see other people's to-do list - one-list-at-a-time. Unless I'm missing out on some functionality, this ability falls woefully short of collaboration.

E.g., 10 of us are working on a project and everyone has some # of assigned tasks. If any one person in the effort (or a manager) wants to see the how the project stands, where is the functionality to see all of project to-do items (including their own to-do items!) in one place, the current assigned person, status, notes, next steps, completed items, unassigned to-to items on this project, etc. ?

Collaboration is everyone working off the same page at the same time. It is NOT everyone working on their own to-do lists and simply exposing those lists for others to view, edit, or both. Collaboration is consolidation or in the case of separate to-to accounts, the "virtual consolidation" of to-to items. (showing disparate lists as if they were one list).

All I can find on Toodledo is "come look at my list, AT the expense of seeing your list at the same time". In a world of interrelated tasks, this isn't nearly as helpful as it could be and definitely NOT a collaborative view.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 24, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
You can also assign and reassign tasks to other people, but I get your point and we are planning to have improved collaboration tools in a future update.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.