ForumsQuestionsDisplay All Completed Subtasks for a Task

Display All Completed Subtasks for a Task
jon.ripsom

Posted: Jan 26, 2018
Score: 0 Reference
I'm using the new Task web page, and it is working very well. One thing I have not been able to figure out, however, is how to display all of the completed subtasks for a given task (even those older than 7 days, or "recently completed"). I found several posts in the forums indicating a button or menu item to "display completed subtasks" for a task, but I'm not seeing that anywhere. I have been using the search page, which will display the completed subtasks, but when I click on the three dot symbol to display the subtask's parent, the subtask disappears and is replaced by the parent. The parent offers to show active subtasks under it, but not completed subtasks. Using the Permanent Link doesn't provide the completed tasks either. I have my display filter set to "inline" for subtasks (doesn't work with "hidden" or "indented" either).

Am I missing something? Thanks!
Jon
Olivir 2017

When you are trying to list subtasks completed more than a week ago, I think your best bet is to learn and use Saved Searches. Other than that, I don't know about anything as simple as clicking a filter button, sorry. OTOH, you can e.g. create a saved search listing all completed subtasks in a project etc.
jon.ripsom

I've been using Saved Searches quite a bit, but haven't been able to display the completed subtasks on them either. I also don't see a way to set up a saved search that will display all the completed subtasks in a project - that is, I don't see a criteria for "parent task" (e.g. show me all the subtasks for Project A, completed or uncompleted). Do you know of a way to do that?

Thanks!
Olivir 2017

Posted: Jan 27, 2018
Sorry, by project I meant Folder. Yes, specifying anything about parent is probably not possible, it could be either all completed subtasks or nothing. The closest may uncompleted parent tasks and completed subtasks view, but it is a workaround.
jon.ripsom

Posted: Jan 27, 2018
Thanks for the clarification. The search for completed subtasks by folder initially shows the subtasks, but as soon as I click on the three dots to display the parent, the completed subtask disappears.

Interestingly, on the current iOS Toodledo app, if I look at the same parent task, and display it's subtasks, all active and completed subtasks display properly. I think I need to submit a support ticket for the web interface view...
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.