ForumsQuestionsMaximum number of tasks

Maximum number of tasks
appelcline

Posted: Jan 30, 2018
Score: 0 Reference
About a week ago, I started getting an error message that I had exceeded the maximum number of tasks (20,000) and that I must delete some completed tasks in order to create any new ones. I checked and saw that I actually had about 100 active uncompleted tasks and about 125 completed tasks.

I figured maybe it was a problem with the fact that I was using repeating subtasks, even though this had never presented a problem before, so I moved a bunch of stuff from subtasks into Notes, but then discovered that the Notes attached to Tasks were not accessible on mobile, so I changed them back to subtasks, hoping that maybe it had been a one-time glitch.

Then this morning, when I tried to create a new task, I got the error message again. Again, I had about 100 active uncompleted tasks and about 125 completed tasks. Frustrated, I deleted a few of the 125 completed tasks so that I could create my new task. After deleting 4 or 5 completed tasks, it let me create my new one.

Ironically, this error message didn't start popping up until after I upgraded to a Gold account. But it didn't start happening immediately afterward—it's been a couple months. And, as I said, I have not changed anything about how I'm using the website or the app. I've been using a similar number of multiple repeating subtasks for years, and I've never gotten this error before.

Please help? For the moment, I've put most of my repeating subtasks into notes, just to avoid getting this frustrating error message every morning when I try to create new tasks for my day. But I am NOT exceeding 20,000 tasks, and so I should not be getting this error message. I would like to have this problem fixed, please!

In case it matters, I have only seen this happen on the website (not in the app), and I'm on a Mac running OSX (10.13.2), using Google Chrome 63.0.3239.132.

Thanks for any help!
appelcline

I investigated further, and found that I had more than 19,000 undeleted completed tasks stretching back several years. My settings indicated that completed tasks should be deleted after 1 month, so something is still obviously going wrong.
pawelkaleta

Score: -1 Reference
Create Saved Search with only one condition: Checked off = Yes. You'll probably get as the result quite long list of completed tasks which you clhad completed some time ago and some of them could be deleted. They don't show up in Recently Completed Tasks.

This message was edited Jan 30, 2018.
appelcline

This does not solve the problem with the fact that completed tasks are not being automatically deleted per my settings. Though I've set completed tasks to be deleted after 1 month, there were completed tasks that had not been deleted though I had completed them years ago.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If you go into your account settings and look at the bottom, you'll see a link called "Delete old completed tasks". You can click on this to clean things up. The automatic setting should be working. I'll check on it.
appelcline

Posted: Jan 31, 2018
Thanks. I've deleted all the old stuff and got things cleaned up so that I shouldn't run into any problems for another few years. :)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.