ForumsQuestionsRolling dates on uncompleted tasks

Rolling dates on uncompleted tasks
Dweiner

Posted: Mar 19, 2018
Score: 0 Reference
Here's my issue. I put a due date on a task for today but I do not get to complete it. So the next day it falls into my overdue tasks. I then have to manually reschedule all of them - and being optimistic I set them for today. And so on. Is there a way I can set tasks to automatically roll forward once they are overdue? Recurring doesn't work because it appears that only works on completed tasks. Any other ideas?
Purveyor

Posted: Mar 19, 2018
Take a look at Date modifiers, specifically, "Optionally on":
You can also designate a task as optional (abbreviated with a "?"). This acts like "=", but if the date passes and you have not completed the task, the task will be automatically removed, or moved forward if it is a repeating task.
PetrV

Posted: Mar 20, 2018
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by Dweiner:
Here's my issue. I put a due date on a task for today but I do not get to complete it. So the next day it falls into my overdue tasks. I then have to manually reschedule all of them - and being optimistic I set them for today. And so on. Is there a way I can set tasks to automatically roll forward once they are overdue? Recurring doesn't work because it appears that only works on completed tasks. Any other ideas?

Use due date ONLY if it MUST be done today. Consider using star for task you intend to do today (leaving due date empty).

This message was edited Mar 20, 2018.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 20, 2018
Or also consider just leaving the tasks as overdue. If you are going to move all overdue tasks to today, then "overdue" and "today" have the same meaning, so there is no real need to make the edits.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.