ForumsQuestionsNot getting Task Notifications on Android 8.0

Not getting Task Notifications on Android 8.0
martingchapman

Posted: Apr 06, 2018
Score: 0 Reference
Have set up a couple of tasks with due dates and times.
Have enabled notifications on tasks (1 hour before as only have free account at the moment)

When the notification time comes I get an email notification but nothing on my Android phone.
Phone is Samsung Galaxy S8 running Android 8.0.0

Have gone through enabling notifications on phone all looks to be ok.

Any suggestions?

Thanks - Martin.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 06, 2018
Have you read through this?

http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=183
martingchapman

Posted: Apr 09, 2018
Problem solved
Although I had gone through the settings (as in your link) I had not ticked the "Alarm" tickbox (my error).

However
The Android settings your link shows are valid for Android 5 (and possibly 6 and 7) but are not correct for Android 8 (the App settings are the same for all versions of Android as you would expect).

In the App the option to "show a permanent notification for overdue tasks" works, but in Android 8 the option to "show a permanent notification for quickly adding a task" does not do anything.
Also in Android 8, changing the "Notification Ringtone" in the App does not do anything, you have to go into the Toodledo Android 8 Notification settings to change the Notification Ringtone which seems to overrule the App setting (although it does not change the App setting).

Additionally, in the Toodledo Android 8 Notification settings there is an option called "Toodledo Persistent", can you explain what this should do please.

A Suggestion;
Would it be possible to either;
Clear a notification when you mark the task complete in Toodledo, or Preferably;
Add a "complete" link to the notification that you can access by swiping down the notification on the lock screen, so that when you click this "complete" link it completes the task in Toodledo and clears the notification.
Your competitor Remember the Milk Android App does this and it is an incredibly efficient way to work, when you complete a task that you have been notified about you can complete the task in Toodledo and clear the notification all from the lock screen on your phone, you don't need to unlock the phone and open Toodledo.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 11, 2018
Thanks for the feedback. The "Persistent" option for an alarm should make it ring until you take an action to dismiss the alert.
martingchapman

Posted: Apr 12, 2018
Thanks Jake, I guessed that was the purpose, will give it a try.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.