ForumsQuestionsSort order of Goals on different platforms [iOS vs. web]

Sort order of Goals on different platforms [iOS vs. web]
Srewolf

Posted: Apr 21, 2018
Score: 0 Reference
What am I missing? It seems that sorting tasks by goal produces different sort orders depending on platform. Is there a setting I have missed which controls this? (And I still cannot find an automatic way to utilize the hierarchical structure of goals, even though lower level goals are defined as connecting to specific Lifelong goals). Here are the details:

On the iOS version, if you sort by goal, tasks are sorted alphabetically by goal name (it seems), no matter what kind of goal they are (Lifelong or Long Term -- I haven't tested Short Term Goals). [Depth-First]

However, on the web version, tasks related to all Lifelong goals are ordered first, after which tasks relating to Long Term goals follow. [Breadth First]

Specifically, all my goal names have numbers as the initial characters, to control how I want them to sort, with top level goals beginning with 1 Self, 2 Work, 3 Family, …., and Long Term goals having subnumbers such as 1.1 Health, 1.2 Leisure, and so forth, depending on what Lifelong goal they pertain to. On iOS, goal 1.1 appears before goal 2 (as it should). But on the web version, goals 1,2,3,4,5,6, all appear before 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, and so forth.

Sort order of tasks by goal should be the same no matter what the platform. Or at least, let the user decide if they want to sort depth-first (most useful to me) or breadth-first.

Even better would be letting tasks be sorted by whatever Lifelong goal they pertain to, no matter what kind of goal they are. Otherwise, what is the purpose of linking lower-level goals to Lifelong goals? [Apologies in advance if I missed something in my search of earlier forum messages.]
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 23, 2018
Score: 0 Reference
Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is?

Thanks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.