ForumsQuestionsAndroid: only seeing some tasks

Android: only seeing some tasks
sentur

Posted: May 12, 2018
Score: 0 Reference
I'm only seeing a selection of my to-do tasks on the android app. It's really odd.

On desktop I'll have about 10 things to do today, however on the android app it'll only show about 3 of them. And sometimes 0.

Any ideas what's wrong?

I'm also getting 'Failed Sync' notifications a couple of times a day.
pawelkaleta

Posted: May 13, 2018
It looks like you have some different filters applied to your view on Android, make sure they are set in the same way as on the desktop first. You can access them in the top right menu -> Show. I assume you are comparing the same views (e.g. 'by Folders'/'Folder XYZ' on desktop with the same folder on mobile).
martingchapman

Especially check the "Deferred Tasks" filter in Android as this caused me to loose some tasks in Android.

Depending on what features of TD you use you will get offered different filters on the web and Android.
In my case on the web interface I had "Recently completed tasks", "Negative Priority" and "In the Future"
In Android I had "Deferred Tasks" , "Negative Priority" and Future Tasks"

The key difference here is the "Deferred Tasks" filter in Android which relates to the task "Status" field.
I do not use the "Status" field so on the web I do not get offered the "Deferred Tasks" filter (if you enable the Status field then you will get this filter on the web) but you do get it in Android, even if you do not use the "Status" field.

Now this should not be a problem as I do not use the "Status" field for any of my tasks so would not expect the "Deferred Tasks" filter in Android to make any difference.
However, over the years I have played with all the TD fields, including "Status" and consequently some of my tasks had the "Status" field set to an Active or Deferred value, but it is so long ago that I played with "Status" that I had forgotten I had set these values.

So the outcome was that some of my tasks had their "Status" field set to a value that was Deferred, which meant that unless in Android I went into Show - Show/Hide and ticked the "Deferred Tasks" box these task would not show up in any of my lists (or search) but they would show on the Web as you don't get the "Deferred Tasks" filter if you are not using the "Status" field.
sentur

Thanks for the replies.

When filters are applied, will it show the number of tasks in the top drop down box? Ie in 'today' view?

I think I've got all the filters matching on my Desktop and Android. However, in the dropdown box on Android it says I have 6 tasks for today. But on Desktop I have 27. Also, the total number of tasks on Desktop and Android differ by a lot.

Seems like there's something really wrong with the syncing of data?
pawelkaleta

Those numbers of tasks should be the same on desktop and Android. I would still 'blame' filters and not syncing for the issue. Make sure also to enable the same fields as suggested in martingchapman's post. You can always force sync using menu option to ensure it hasn't failed and focus on comparing filters.
martingchapman

In the drop down on Android you should see exactly the same numbers as on the web.

If any of the tasks are hidden by the filters then you should see two numbers separated by a forwardslash "/"
The first number is the tasks you can see, the second number is the tasks that are hidden by the filters.

So in the case of your Today view, if any tasks are being hidden by the filters you should see "6/21" as you have 27 task on the web but can only see 6 in Android so 21 are hidden.

To see if it is a sync issue, in Android, go to Tasks-Main-All Tasks.
Then open the overflow menu at the top right (three vertical dots) select Show and select the following parameters (you may not see all options, depends on your account settings) -
Completed Tasks - All
Subtasks - Inline
Show/Hide - tick all boxes
All other options - select All
Then go back to the All Tasks view, click the magnifying glass symbol and search for a unique string in one of your missing tasks.

If this finds the task then it is in Android and the reason you cant see it is because it is hidden, probably by a filter.
If this does not find the task then it has not synced to Android, in which case try a forced sync as suggested by pawelkaleta.

If you still cant see the task then I suggest you raise a support ticket with TD.
sentur

Posted: Oct 10, 2018
I've reset my phone and reinstalled Toodledo and this issue is back.

The app says I have 200+ less tasks than I do on the online web version.

I've followed the above advice about making sure the filters are set as per martingchapman suggestions.

I have no available tickets in my support section, so I'm unable to contact Toodledo directly. Which is very annoying.

Please help.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.