ForumsQuestionsTasks disappearing depending on pc and layout

Tasks disappearing depending on pc and layout
sam.jonathan

Posted: May 22, 2018
Score: 0 Reference
When I'm looking at my task list on one PC I noticed a few tasks were missing. I logged into a different pc and there it showed those tasks. So on the first pc I closed the tab and logged back in and the tasks shows up right away. Then I switched to the new layout, and some tasks disappeared again, but others stayed.

Switching to the new layout seems to be part of the problem, but even when I opened a new tab, and then switched to the new layout some of the tasks that had disappeared before were back, and others were missing. Anyone else having this problem?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 22, 2018
The new layout behaves like an app. It syncs with the database in the background, so its possible that you just needed to wait a minute for the sync to finish and for the tasks to appear. We are working to make this faster and more reliable. If you notice a problem, you can try clearing your browser's cache and reloading the page which will cause the new layout to immediately download a new fresh copy from the database.
sam.jonathan

Posted: May 23, 2018
But these are repeating tasks which haven't changed in a long time. They repeat monthly. I had checked them off last month, but noticed that they didn't reappear when they were due this month. I looked on another pc and the tasks were listed there with last month's checked, and the current task past due. It's not like I just recently checked it off and it didn't have time to sync.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 23, 2018
Its possible that the repeating task you checked off last month didnt have time to sync because you closed the browser window before it could. Normally it will sync the next time you open the Toodledo in that browser, but if you signed out or cleared your browser's cache before this could happen, then those changes would not have had a chance to sync.

When you make a change to a task you will see a blinking bar on the left side of the task, indicating that it hasn't synced yet. When the blinking stops, its safe to close the window.
tm_1320663819

Posted: Jun 05, 2018
I have the same issue. Some recurring tasks are missing in the new layout. What about adding "force sync" button if technically possible?

P.S. missing tasks reappeared after deleting cached data for tasks.toodledo.com

This message was edited Jun 05, 2018.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 05, 2018
There is a sync button in the action menu on the new tasks page that you can use if you need to force it to sync. Also, clearing cache or reloading the page will work too in extreme cases.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.