ForumsQuestionsIs calendar display (or sync) with only one folder possible?

Is calendar display (or sync) with only one folder possible?
mariaburchell

Posted: May 29, 2018
Score: 0 Reference
I have all my recurring bills and payments set up in one folder. I want to be able to see them in a calendar format.

Firstly is there a way to see dates from only one particular folder in the Toodledo calendar? ie without my whole task list showing in there too?

Given that Toodledo's calendar function sadly doesn't allow more sophisticated ways to view it, if I sync with an external calendar to get better viewing features (either Google or iPhone) can I choose just one Toodledo folder to send to the calendar?

Or if anyone has any alternative tips on how to take Toodledo's really useful recurring task feature and see selected folders on a user-friendly calendar format, please let me know!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 30, 2018
There is not currently a way to show only a single folder in the calendar section or via our calendar syncing mechanism. Its all or none. Sorry.
shelbyp

Posted: Jun 08, 2018
Score: 2 Reference
Hopefully we will see this feature sometime. I also really need the ability to exclude certain tasks from the calendar (anything would do, I can restructure my tasks), but either be able to include /exclude folders or tags etc. My google calendar is basically unusable without this feature.

This was requested back in 2009 by other users ...
https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/2425/0/can-specific-tasks-be-excluded-from-google-calendar.html
shelbyp

Posted: Jul 10, 2018
Juat a follow-up on this topic, in fact something similar is already possible using IFTTT. I just added an IFTTT recipe which allows me to add an event to the google calendar ONLY if the toodledo task has a tag. Very useful and basically solves this key issue for me and hopefully others!

I now just tag my tasks with "cal" and the IFTTT recipe does the rest.

To the ToodleDo team: I would recommend updating the help section on the calendar syncing with the IFTTT solution, since this topic has come up frequently in the forum. using IFTTT is much more powerful than using the ical link proposed in the help section.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.