ForumsQuestionsWrong time zones in Google Calendar

Wrong time zones in Google Calendar
darren

Posted: Jul 29, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I mentioned this in a different post but as it was a different problem that merged into this one it's under a different title.

I tried adding my Toodledo calendar to Google using the Google gadget. I don't think the notifications from Google are coming through though. I think it's because Google thinks the timezone for the calendar feed is GMT-8 but I am in the UK so it's GMT+1 at the moment. My local time is correct on the Toodledo website.

I found a forum thread about this from a couple of months ago with a fix promised soon. Is it coming (or is it already supposed to have been fixed)?

When subscribing to the ical feed GCal puts the calendar in "(GMT+00:00) GMT (no daylight saving)" which is almost right but not quite :S

This message was edited Jul 29, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 30, 2009
There should be a way to adjust this in Google Calendar, but if there isn't then we'll have to look into it.
Anders

The gadget always has a timezone of GMT-8, and I don't think you can change it, but that shouldn't matter because the times displayed in the gadget come straight from Toodledo, and Google can't send reminders from the gadget.

The iCal should not have the wrong time zone however because that will cause tasks to have the wrong times on Gcal. I haven't tried changing it, but I don't believe you can alter the timezone of any subscribed calendars, at least ones with read only access.

This message was edited Jul 30, 2009.
J-Mac

This has been a problem with Google Calendar since its start. Unfortunately Google has not done much development with its calendar other than trying to make each calendar easy to share. I wish they would spend a little more time on developing G-Cal; it could be so much better!

Jim
qslime

Posted: Aug 19, 2009
I think the VTIMEZONE calendar component should be added in ical_live_gcal.ics file,
like :
BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
TZID:Asia/Tokyo
X-LIC-LOCATION:Asia/Tokyo
BEGIN:STANDARD
TZOFFSETFROM:+0900
TZOFFSETTO:+0900
TZNAME:JST
DTSTART:19700101T000000
END:STANDARD
END:VTIMEZONE

actually we also want the Gcal function that can alter the timezone of any subscribed calendars.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.