ForumsQuestionsreport: subtasks that are due..... but report links parnets

report: subtasks that are due..... but report links parnets
greginfla_

Posted: Jul 21, 2018
Score: 0 Reference
I have a multi-project environment with lots of subtask for each project. If I pull a report on task that are past due or should have been started..... a lot of times the task desc makes no sense because the subtask is related to the parent.

ie: "Print fliers" could be a task. but I have no clue what flier to print because the parent task is not referenced

it would be nice to have a report:

Parent task: End of Summer Event
Subtask: Print Fliers

I want the report selection criteria to pull all past due task, but if it is a subtask on something the parent task needs to be display. I know I can click to expand the subtask where the parents task displays, but I may have 20 subtask from different 20 projects so it would be nice if this was automatic expanded

any help, thoughts, work around?
greginfla_

Posted: Aug 27, 2018
Score: 0 Reference
any thoughts?
coolexplorer

Posted: Aug 29, 2018
Score: 1 Reference
Being able to see the Parent task to which Subtasks belong is crucial. Currently these can be seen under there Parent only in 'Indented mode', but this has its own problems when the priorities of subtasks vary.

When the TD layout was being revised the developer designed a template wherein the Parent task was always shown (albeit abridged) at the beginning of the subtask. This was later dropped, probably because it cluttered the UI.

What would help is if the Parent task would peek out when you rollover the subtask icon, or something to that effect.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.