ForumsQuestionsFeature suggestion: Export completed tasks in text file

Feature suggestion: Export completed tasks in text file
celebrianne

Posted: Jul 23, 2018
Score: 1 Reference
Hello,

I have been in the habit of saving the list of tasks I've completed during the month (it makes me feel like I'm getting something done!) Exporting these as a text file would work perfectly! ... only, I can't. :( It looks like I'm currently only able to export currently open tasks to a text file (whereas other methods also include completed tasks.)

Obviously I could get the information via a .csv file, but then it's challenging to strip out all of the formatting to just get the list of tasks. If I were a programmer, I could write some sort of script, but I'm not.

I'd like to request the ability to export completed tasks via a text file. Thanks for considering this!
Olivir2018

Posted: Jul 24, 2018
Score: 0 Reference
I know, csv is not as simple as common text file, but this is still text file too, without formatting... With Excel, I can do this: Open new workbook, click Data>From Text, find the csv file, choose delimiter, Next, choose comma, finish/done. Main problem is with my task notes field, because it usually also contains commas, so the list gets a bit mixed up, but I can filter out e.g. folder field - values that are not folder names.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.