ForumsQuestionsMain task view sorting gets messed up

Main task view sorting gets messed up
jlquinn_2

Posted: Jul 28, 2018
Score: 0 Reference
Usually the main task view is organized by task importance. This is the view I prefer by default. But sometimes it gets into a bad state.

Right now, when I ask for Main view, I'm getting context as dividers with priority sorting within context.

Switching to context view gives me no dividers, and all tasks are sorted by priority.

Switching to priority view gives me tags as dividers

Switching to status view gives me what I would expect to see from priority view

Force reloading the web page doesn't fix the problem. Removing all toodledo cookies didn't fix the problem.

Ubuntu Linux 16.04,

The problem appears in both Firefox browser and Chrome browser.
Olivir2018

Posted: Jul 29, 2018
Do you have in General Settings/Behavior enabled Save sort preferences on a per-list basis?
jlquinn_2

No, my Behavior Preferences are set to Default.

You can see a screenshot here:

https://screenshots.firefox.com/XLZCiOurxpBoLgrT/tasks.toodledo.com

The link wil be good for 14 days - through Aug 11.

OK, I found the setting to fix that. There's a group of buttons next to SORT in the upper right. The primary key was set to Context. Setting to it to Importance gets me back what I expected.

Actually, this is still not what I expect. If I switch to Status view, nothing happens. The screen stays sorted by importance

I'm pretty confused about what's going on.
pawelkaleta

What do you mean by "switching the view to status/context/etc. view"? Are you talking about left menu? If yes, please note these are separate views so when you switch them, your display preferences may vary depending on what you'd set for given view.
Olivir2018

Posted: Jul 30, 2018
The reason why I am asking is, that unless this is enabled, all views are sorted the same way. If enabled, each view remembers how it has been sorted (importance, date added etc.).

Posted by Olivir2018:
Do you have in General Settings/Behavior enabled Save sort preferences on a per-list basis?
jlquinn_2

Posted: Aug 09, 2018
I was specifically referring to using keyboard shortcuts to switch views, but using the buttons on the left gives me the same broken behavior.

Here's a screenshot where priority view is selected on the left, and the dividers are for tag, not priority. Screen shot expires on Aug 23 2018.

https://screenshots.firefox.com/fT9tWAdJmrpWfZEW/tasks.toodledo.com
pawelkaleta

Posted: Aug 09, 2018
This is exactly what I had in mind above. As you can notice on your screenshot, even though you're in Priority view, your first sorting parameter is Tag (top right corner of the page) hence Tags they play the role of dividers. You can change the firts sorting option to Priority if you want to have priorities as dividers in that particular view.
In other words, I can't see anything broken here as Views and dividers are different things, I hope that helps.

This message was edited Aug 09, 2018.
jlquinn_2

Posted: Aug 10, 2018
OK I see.

I think what's confusing is that it appears that if I choose first sorting parameter to Auto, it always sorts by priority, no matter which view I'm in. Does that make sense?

I would expect the Tag view to sort by tag when Auto is selected.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.