ForumsQuestionsMobile app request: Total time for searched tasks

Mobile app request: Total time for searched tasks
RMTrinity

Posted: Aug 03, 2018
Score: 0 Reference
One of the features that is available on the web version of Toodledo is after you make a specific task search, it totals up the time required to do these tasks at the bottom. While we can do the same search in the mobile app, the time required to complete the tasks is not displayed.

I use this feature on a daily basis. I filter the tasks I plan to do for a day, but then I look at the total at the bottom. Often, looking at my calendar, I find that I want to complete 10 hours of tasks, but really only have about 6 hours to do them. So, I go back in and delete until that total gets within 6 hours. It's a great time management strategy. You don't end up frustrated at the end of the day that you didn't get a lot of things on your list done. Even if my calendar says I have 8 hours of work, I make it a point to subtract out about an hour for human interaction and interruptions. It's a much more humane way to organize your day.

I use it at home too. You get home, and you'd like to think that you can get 3 or 4 hours of work done cleaning house, etc., but if you're realistic, you probably only have an hour and a half of productive energy left. By being able to search my tasks and see the total time required to complete them at the bottom, I can be more realistic about what I really need to do before settling down to go to bed.

Of course to use this feature, you have to be realistic about the time it's going to take to complete each task, and that's great exercise in and of itself. Once you get into the habit of entering the time, it becomes second nature. I have each task default to 10 minutes, but often I will block out time for longer tasks.

Please consider adding this tweak to the mobile app. Being able to see the total time required is a great way to stay on task and be realistic about what you can really do as a limited human being.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.