ForumsQuestionsHot list showing system deleted event in email

Hot list showing system deleted event in email
Anthony_Taylor

Posted: Sep 14, 2018
Score: 0 Reference
In my hot list email I keep been informed I have a task that is overdue. The task was automatically deleted by the system because I forgot to click it on the day it was due.

How do I remove the none existent task from the hot list email?

Regards

Anthony
J.O.D.

Posted: Sep 14, 2018
AFAIK, the only way to delete a task is manually - or are you referring to a Optionally Due task? Even then, I suppose, it cannot actually automatically delete a task.
Anthony_Taylor

Posted: Sep 15, 2018
the task was a repeating task which was to be completed on a set date.Because I didn't clear it, the task was removed by the system and the only way for me to re-instate the repeating task is to clone an older completed version and reset the date.

The system does delete / remove tasks. If it shouldn't then its another bug.

The issue I am referring to, is the task which I didn't click and the system removed, is still showing in the hotlist email even though the hotlist in the tool is showing clear.
J.O.D.

Posted: Sep 17, 2018
Please, do not take that personally, I am just trying to understand this, as I have never encountered a task deleted by system, and furthermore still showing in the hotlist. When you are on web, in My Tasks/All tasks view and making sure that the filters (the big eye icon in upper right corner) are not hiding anything (so all contexts, recently completed, etc. are visible) you cannot see the task in question, but switching to My Tasks/Hotlist view, the task shows? Also, can you see this in Settings/Deleted Tasks and what is the Method stated?

This message was edited Sep 17, 2018.
Anthony_Taylor

Hi,

I am not taking it personally, I am just frustrated that is it happening. To test it for yourself add a daily reoccurring task which is due on the day (e.g =17/9/2018). Don't clear it and let it go to the past. What I am finding happens and I have had it a number of times, the system removes it, but because it is not complete, the system doesn't create the next task, this results in the task disappearing from the system (deleted for a want of a better word).

Previously the tasks that were affected didn't drop into the hot list because they were set to reference types. But the two I now have are active tasks but due to leave, I missed clearing them. They don't drop into overdue as you would expect, the system just removes them, but the hotlist email is still showing them.

thank you for the suggestions and I have just tried them but no luck.

Regards

Anthony
J.O.D.

Thanks for the info. I now have created two separate recurring tasks (daily), one with Due by Today, another with Due On Today (=Today) - and enabled the hotlist e-mail at midnight, so we will see in 1-2 days, what happens:-)

This message was edited Sep 17, 2018.
pawelkaleta

Posted by Anthony Taylor:
Hi,

I am not taking it personally, I am just frustrated that is it happening. To test it for yourself add a daily reoccurring task which is due on the day (e.g =17/9/2018). Don't clear it and let it go to the past. What I am finding happens and I have had it a number of times, the system removes it, but because it is not complete, the system doesn't create the next task, this results in the task disappearing from the system (deleted for a want of a better word).

Previously the tasks that were affected didn't drop into the hot list because they were set to reference types. But the two I now have are active tasks but due to leave, I missed clearing them. They don't drop into overdue as you would expect, the system just removes them, but the hotlist email is still showing them.

thank you for the suggestions and I have just tried them but no luck.

Regards

Anthony

Could you please be more specific what do you mean by saying "removed by system" (do you mean - hidden by system? then check filters), and "clearing task"/"deleting task" (do you mean - mark as completed?). It will be easier to understand the issue as for now it's a bit confusing, thanks!
J.O.D.

Posted: Sep 18, 2018
Hi, so there must be some misunderstanding here Anthony, because both daily recurring tasks with due date Yesterday and =Yesterday are still in my Hotlist as overdue tasks. In my point of view, there is not automatic deleting/removing the tasks Due On, when you fail to complete it (=check off).
Anthony_Taylor

Posted: Sep 19, 2018
Hi,

I have managed to remove the entries. I have had to find the event before it disappeared. I unchecked it and then reconfirmed each event until it is up to date. This then cleared the hotlist email.

To find the old event I had to do a search on checked of and the title of the event. I did notice though the checked off events had lost their reoccurring status.

I have had this issue happen on a number of occasions,previously raised on 11/9/2017 (actually responded to by JOD). I did check the filters and it didn't provide any answers. Only recreating from an old event worked.

This doesn't happen with all events. I will retest.

@pawelkaleta: I mean the task disappears and doesn't go into the hotlist / overdue and no repeat of the event is created. I have checked filters and deleted history and the only way to recreate event is as above.

Regards

Anthony
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.