ForumsQuestionsAesthetics

Aesthetics
kbedwardz

Posted: Sep 26, 2018
Score: 2 Reference
I will admit to being a little picky when it comes to my todo lists, and I think I have tried more than a dozen(meaning, in depth, a few weeks of actual usage, etc). Most recently switched from Wunderlist to Todoist, and while Todoist looks absolutely fantastic, the UI is amazing, and for probably most non-anal retentive people, is sufficient, it didn't behave EXACTLY how I wanted it to, and sadly, I had to move on.

In comes ToodleDo into my sights (along with so many others I was considering), and I have to say to the devs - congratulations. It looks like you have taken every suggestion ever offered by a user and implemented it somewhere in the app! OTOH, that in itself creates problems of course, primarily with a muddled, cluttered and messy interface (not to mention deep menu dives). Something I prefer over not being able to customize it exactly the way I work.

Having said that, I remember looking at ToodleDo several years ago, and it looks pretty much the same! Is there any plan to update the design to this century? :P The logo in the iOS app for instance, literally came from the late 90's no? I see it's updated in the web version. But just overall. as a constructive criticism, I think if you moved even a few INCHES in the direction of a Todoist, or other more svelte products, you would gain tons of new users. Aesthetics are important, even if people aren't overtly aware of them.

IMO, you have the best todo app around (no small task(!) given there are roughly 12 million out there, but man, with just a FEW modern design elements and tweaks, and overall look, I think you could be at the top of many of these "which is the best todo app THIS year?!" articles. Not sure if you want that, but just wanted to throw some praise, and some suggestions your way from a new user.

I plan to subscribe as well, and hope this will be my last stop for a todo app for a looong time.

Thanks!

This message was edited Sep 26, 2018.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.