ForumsQuestionsNot publically sharing All Tasks and Hotlist

Not publically sharing All Tasks and Hotlist
James

Posted: Aug 04, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Is there a way to share a folder publically without also sharing the All Tasks and Hotlist (or, not having their links show up on the public page of the shared folder)? I'm sharing my work items with my boss via a shared folder, but I'd like to keep him from switching to the All Tasks or Hotlist view and seeing my non-work-related tasks.

Thanks!

This message was edited Aug 04, 2009.
Anders

If you go to your Folder managent area (click Folders on the sidebar), you can mark Folders as "Private". Any private Folders will not appear to people viewing your tasks through sharing. The Hotlist and All Tasks links will still appear, but no tasks from the private Folders will be shown there.
James

Thanks! I did that and it's working for me now. But, I was hoping there was a way to remove the links of these two views. The private-folder method seems like a bit of a work-around and I see some potential problems:

1. If I add another folder and forget to mark it as private, I'm back in the same boat.
2. There's no way to make a second folder public without giving my boss a link to it on "his" view.

But I'm just playing devil's advocate. This solved my problem nicely.
Thanks!
Anders

If people you share with have Toodledo accounts, and you have a Pro account, you can add them as collaborators. There are more options that way. You can specify a list of Folder to be accessed by each collaborator, and they can be different Folders for different people.

This message was edited Aug 04, 2009.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.