ForumsQuestionsNew Privacy Policy: Advertisements

New Privacy Policy: Advertisements
Purveyor

Posted: Oct 24, 2018
Score: 3 Reference
There's a new Toodledo Privacy Policy, effective October 22, 2018.

There are several references to using customer data for advertising and marketing.

Edited: No question here. Just useful information.

This message was edited Oct 24, 2018.
user50

Score: 1 Reference
Thanks for posting that, I'm glad I migrated to Todoist and deleted all of my Toodledo tasks before this new policy came into effect on 22/10.

This bothers me:

"We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Tracking, Usage and Profile Data to form a picture of what we think may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you and tell you about them."

"We also share data with third parties connected to advertising, retargeting and analytics. Please see Cookies below, including the cookie list, for more information about who those third parties are."

This is unacceptable in a paid service, I imagine many Toodledo users hold personal and/or confidential information on Toodledo.

(Link to the old privacy policy: https://web.archive.org/web/20171107215029/https://www.toodledo.com/info/privacy.php)

J.O.D.

Score: 0 Reference
Well, great:-( Now I am back to rethinking where to go with my tasks...
Purveyor

Score: 2 Reference
Posted by user50:
Thanks. I was wondering about the old policy which, BTW, said this:
If we decide to change our privacy policy, we will post those changes on this page, and notify our users, so that our users are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it.
J.O.D.

Yes, that is the first thing that hit me. So thank you for let us know. On the other hand, having read the new Policy, I am OK with it. And yes, I am from EU.

Posted by Purveyor:
Posted by user50:
If we decide to change our privacy policy, we will post those changes on this page, and notify our users, so that our users are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it.
Purveyor

Okay, I have a question, and it's about this:
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data), generally for seven years after a transaction for tax purposes.
Which law says that you have to keep that information "generally for seven years"?
smatics

Crap, I've moved everything over to Todoist, but haven't deleted my data yet...

Thanks for finding this!
user50

I went back and checked the Todoist privacy policy just to make sure I hadn't jumped from the frying pan into the fire. Theirs is much more appropriate:

"Todoist also collects aggregated, anonymous user data regarding app usage. The user data we collect is used to improve Todoist and the quality of our service. We only collect personal data that is required to provide our services, and we only store it insofar that it is necessary to deliver these services."

Adverts:

"Ad servers

We do not partner with or have special relationships with any ad server companies."

Encryption:

"Q: How is personal data encrypted?

A: When user data is stored in servers and databases, Doist uses AES 256 encryption. When the data is being sent or received, it is encrypted with TLS 1.1 or above. Data backups on our server are encrypted with AES256 and signed by RSA with 2048 key length."

https://todoist.com/privacy

pawelkaleta

Score: 2 Reference
Posted by Purveyor:

I haven't received any notification, there was also no information about the change on the forum and in notification area of Toodledo page.

ChristianDiscer

Score: 4 Reference
Data to advertisers; No-No-No. Paying subscribers should be exempt. Paying for a service should eliminate all forms of advertisement; on-site, email, and all other possible communications.
DannyWissen

Posted: Oct 25, 2018
Hi there,

there was a pricing issue in another thread on this forum.
I do not really worry about a price which is a bit higher.
But I do worry about my privacy reading this.

It seems as if they would try to make money wherever they can.
I would not accept advertisements on the website or within the app nor to receiving advertisements via mail.
I also would never allow Toodledo to sell my data to anyone.

Actually I think I will delete my account if the privacy policy will stay in place.

So Toodledo Staff I would appreciate a response and clearification/renewed Policy!

Thanks
Daniela
Paing Customer since 2010!
alankru_1329346923

The Privacy Policy has been revised today (according to the modification date). Perhaps Toodledo is still working on it?

The way I understand it, is that the advertising is in relation to Toodledo's products.

and the policy says:

"We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions."
josef_1335122153

Revised price chart...
Revised privacy Policy....
more then one time...
and all that on running System....

Not very Pro

If i was a new customer and today when i look, is all the other way then yesterday.... well my trust in such a company ...
well would be not the highest

in other words, i would have an eye on an other service,
with that in mind, how long will toodledo stay stable that way
Ummagumma

One thing that I haven’t really seen clearly spelled out is if any task data is being shared. “User data” is pretty vaguely worded.
aaron.c.salls

Hi everyone,

I want to set the record straight. We’re updating our Policies to reflect changes in data privacy laws. We’ve added details about your ability to manage the information you share with us, and the new tools we’ve created to help you do that.

This updated Policy will give you more control over your information and more clearly explains how we use it. Our core commitments regarding your privacy haven’t changed.

+ We are not adding advertising to Toodledo. We strongly believe the existing subscription model is the best model for us and our users
+ We are using paid acquisition to grow our new user base, which includes advertising to our target audience. We’ve mentioned this in the past here and here. The new language covers the tools we use to target and track conversion and ROI of these marketing efforts.

Thanks,
Aaron

This message was edited Oct 25, 2018.
Ummagumma

Posted by aaron.c.salls:
Hi everyone,

I want to set the record straight. We’re updating our Policies to reflect changes in data privacy laws. We’ve added details about your ability to manage the information you share with us, and the new tools we’ve created to help you do that.

This updated Policy will give you more control over your information and more clearly explains how we use it. Our core commitments regarding your privacy haven’t changed.

+ We are not adding advertising to Toodledo. We strongly believe the existing subscription model is the best model for us and our users
+ We are using paid acquisition to grow our new user base, which includes advertising to our target audience. We’ve mentioned this in the past here and here. The new language covers the tools we use to target and track conversion and ROI of these marketing efforts.

Thanks,
Aaron

Hi Aaron,

It would help if you provide clear language on how the task data is being used and whom is it being shared with.

aaron.c.salls

Posted by Ummagumma:

Hi Aaron,

It would help if you provide clear language on how the task data is being used and whom is it being shared with.

Thanks for the feedback. We cover how we use tasks data in two points:

+ "If you elect to send a list or task from the website or mobile application to another user, we will transmit your name and email along with the list or task you requested to that user."

+ "The website and mobile application may provide links to other websites or resources, including apps developed by third parties using the Toodledo API that may integrate with our website and mobile application, over which Toodledo does not have control ('External Websites'). Such links do not constitute an endorsement by Toodledo of those External Websites, and Toodledo is providing these links to you only as a convenience. We are not responsible for the content of those External Websites, and your use of External Websites is subject to their respective terms of use and privacy policies."

In both these cases, any task data is shared if and only if a user takes explicit action to share the data (either to collaborate with another user, or to use a third-party app or integration).

You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.