ForumsQuestionsTask dependency

Task dependency
drwidder

Posted: Nov 28, 2018
Score: 0 Reference
Hello
I see some old locked threads on this. I love Toodledo but my use had waned. But recently I wanted to start using it again, and I realized the problem I had the first time is still there... no way to make a task dependent on another. Maybe I am missing something, but a key to GTD is to only have things visible that you can do something about. For simple tasks, I can put a start date in the future and hide tasks that haven't started, and that works great. For even slightly more complex sets of tasks, I can't figure it out. I often want to do something that consists of a number of sequential tasks. Ideally I would have the next task visible, and all others hidden, until I complete the first task, at which the next task, dependent on the first, becomes visible. I know I can manually go in and change it to 'next action' but then I have to remember which defeats the purpose.
A simple conceptual way to do this is when you create a task, under 'Hide until', have an option of 'Hide until <another task> is completed.
Is there any way to do this that I am missing? I see some clever work arounds in the forum but they all involved a level of manual alertness that will sometimes fail.
Thanks
pawelkaleta

Posted: Nov 28, 2018
Score: 0 Reference
It's on the features request page:
https://roadmap.toodledo.com/feature-requests/p/link-task-to-completion-of-another-task

What does that mean in practice - you need to wait and see.

This message was edited Nov 28, 2018.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.