ForumsQuestions2-factor authentication and the iOS app

2-factor authentication and the iOS app
Iain Massey

Posted: Dec 15, 2018
Score: 1 Reference
Ok, i turned on 2FA for the browser interface I use on my Windows laptop.

Ok, that broke the iOS app on my iPad - can't synch.

Ok, I track down an FAQ that tells me I must generate an app-specific password, using the 2FA setup page within "Settings".

Ok, I generate an app-specific password.

Ok, back in the iPad app I go to Settings\Synchronization\Enter Account Login. There is exactly one field labelled "Email Login" and exactly one field labelled "Password".

Ok, I enter my email address, which I have used as a login ID forever. Now I enter EITHER my usual password, OR the new app-specific password into the other field, and in both cases when I press "Save" it tells me the login failed. I have done an iPad device reset, closed all apps, and purged all the data from the Toodledo app, as suggested elsewhere in the Help files. Nothing doing.

NOT OK!

Your advice please, Toodledo ppls.
Iain Massey

Posted: Jan 10, 2019
Any chance of an answer here?
J-O-D

Posted: Jan 10, 2019
EDIT:

So, I have just now enabled 2FA for Toodledo, never have done before... And on iPad it works for me, syncing without problems.

The process was: Getting Microsoft Authenticator, adding Toodledo's account to it via QR code, activating 2FA in Toodledo, generating an app specific password on screen (web), opening Toodledo on iPad, in Settings/Synchronization/Modify Account Login, entering e-mail and the app specific generated password (something like 10 chars or so), saving it, and Toodledo successfuly logged in...

So what I would do if I were you: regenerate the app specific password and try to log in again; reinstall Toodledo on iPad and repeat previous; and when everything fails, create a support ticket: https://www.toodledo.com/info/ticket.php

Hopefully you get sorted it out.

This message was edited Jan 10, 2019.
ejmichel

Posted: Feb 19, 2019
Score: 0 Reference
same issue exactly

two day wait on reply from support
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.