ForumsQuestionsiPhone new task sync problem

iPhone new task sync problem
john

Posted: Aug 06, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
When I create a new task via the app on my iPhone, it won't sync up to the site. If I close the app, re-open it and change something on that new task, it will finally push it to the site, but otherwise, it won't.

For example, I created a new task last night on the phone with the app with a due date of today. WHen I woke up, the application badge didn't show anything. Since it uses the site's info to push, I logged in and my task wasn't there. I then opened the app on my phone, changed the folder, and it immediately showed up on the site and everything was good.

To try another route, I created another task this morning on the iPhone. I then closed, re-opened the app and it didn't sync to the site. I then forced a sync, and still nothing. Again, if I changed the folder or due date, it synced up fine. Also, creating directly on the site seems to be working fine.

I'm running 1.5.3, thanks for the help. By the way, this app rocks, I really love the push functionality!!
Anders

This is not happening to me. One question: After you create the new task in the iPhone app, do you "back out" of the task details screen? That is when the sync occurs, so if you just write the title, edit some details, and close the app without backing out of the task details screen, the new task won't sync. If you reopen the app, and it does its sync on startup while you are still in that edit details screen, it still won't sync up. However, when you navigated out to do a manual sync it should have worked, and I really can't think of anything else that could be happening. I suppose I will make the universal suggestion of check that your timezone settings are correct in your Toodledo Account Settings.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Yeah, you need to back out of the details page for it to do the instant sync.
john

Thanks for the reply guys. I backing out of the details pages, but it still didn't work. I finally got some time this afternoon and deleted and re-installed the app, and now everything works perfectly.

Thanks again.
paul.may

Posted: Aug 07, 2009
My problem is kind of similar to this. I might try uninstalling To Do from my iPhone and reinstalling. Not sure how you uninstall apps from the iphone though. Can you explain. Appreciate this is a bit off topic.
TIA

PS. I've sent three emails to Appigio for support on To Do over the last three days and not heard anything back at all despite paying them £6. I've paid nothing to Toodledo yet the support here has been great - thank a bunch. Just need to find a decent iphone app now!
Anders

Posted: Aug 07, 2009
To uninstall an app from the iPhone the eaiest way is to hold your finger on the icon for a couple of seconds until they all start to shake, then tap the "x" in the corner of the app's icon.

You may also want to try Appigo's Google Group. I have gotten help by posting there before.

BTW, there are a variety of options for iPhone owners including the official Toodledo app and several others, but Appigo is usually pretty reliable so I wouldn't say you should switch simply for stability/support reasons. I would be surprised if you don't hear back from them soon.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.