ForumsQuestionsDifference between an attachment with a note and a note

Difference between an attachment with a note and a note
jdgonzalez

Posted: Dec 18, 2018
Score: 0 Reference
What is the difference between the note attachment type and a note? One will forward me to the notes section of toodledo and the other will open inline. Is there a benefit to using one v. the other?
J.O.D

Posted: Dec 19, 2018
Score: 1 Reference
There are two types of notes in Toodledo, a note in Notes section - see upper left menu and a task note. A note in a notebook can be added (on some subscriptions) as an attachement, but that is still a link to the note in Notes section. One note can be linked from multiple tasks.

Task note is a note strictly bound to a single task and is the same as description field in other task management tools. When exporting task data into, say, CSV, you export this task note too.

I personally am using only the Task note (for classic notes I use OnNote).

Does this answer your question?
MM1772

Posted: Dec 19, 2018
Score: 0 Reference
@J.O.D described it perfectly. The Notes section contains what I've sometime seen called Notebook Notes. However, you don't *create* notebooks, instead, when you assign one of these notes to a folder, the folder acts as a notebook.

For example, let's say I want to keep notes for household stuff, like what size filters I need for the furnace, how to descale the coffee maker, and so on. I can create a note called Furnace Filters and assign it to my already existing folder called Home. I can create a Coffee Maker note and also assign it to the folder called Home.

Then, when I want to refer to this info, I go to the Notes section by using the Notes dropdown menu. I can search that folder for the note or just browse the notes in that folder. Or, I can view by note (avoiding the folder altogether) and just look for it.

However, the search is limited to the Search icon at the top of the Notes section. That is, you can't use the advanced search that is available for tasks.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.